The second innings of Stephen Constantine

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    If only AIFF visited this site we wouldnt be like how we are now.
    Nagendradeepakcmunna219777thebeautifulgameBrainFallINDIACarbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    @Nagendra, the heavy use of italics shows your tilt for a certain coach [Just joking].

I think SC has done okay within the murky situation he's in. His records say so. Right he played only Puerto Rico, Bhutan and minnows, but can we really expect Japan, Korea or Iran to play friendlies with us? As regards the quality of play, it is difficult to infuse touch-play, tiki taka or whatever in the short time one gets the boys, and also at the age the coach gets the players (An NT player works under his club coach, ISL club coach and the NT coach, for starter). We should be grateful if we reach a higher rank within a given period of time by some shrewd maneuvering. Also, he stretched it to the maximum by giving debut to 30-odd young players. Heck, I did not think we even have that many players!

Clearly, club coaching and country coaching are different ball games (though played with the same kind of balls). AW is extremely successful in the former category. I acknowledge all his achievements listed in the above posts. But the big question is: can he be as much successful in country level as well -- what with sporadic involvement with the players, an inert Fed, two leagues running with the same set of players, and so on? In BFC, he used to get a steady, year-round team, pro set-up, little nose-poking by the peers. Most of these were his creation, but in NT, he won't be allowed to do an encore vis-a-vis these.

My view is, Performance of Indian NT is independent of a good coach, unless he is of the personality of Bob Houghton.

red_devilmunna219777thebeautifulgameNagendraCarbon_14deepakcashindia
  • When is Stephen Constantine Contract ending ???
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    Of course, since India is not playing for the next six months, he can be axed rightaway. Like NOW. Why waste money on something that is not working.
    samiamCarbon_14
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Done enough for me to look forward 6 months later when our boys play the next friendly.

Will be pissed if we play Nepal or Bhutan then though.
    munna219777
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    May plz suggest few good coaches who can handle Indian national team better way than Constantine...
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Ashley Westwood, Zico, Pim Verbeek (might be to similar to Wim Koevermans), Volker Finke (might be too old), Gert Engles, Afshin Ghotbi (my personal favorite), Alexandre Gama, Marco Pezzaiuoli, Antonio Lopez Habas, Nelo Vingada
    dreamer
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    ;ArsenalFan700.....Constantine tried to build up the team positive way & that also reflect on ground as well as ranking. But personally I am critical his way of changing team & he also biased choosing few players like passi over chhangte & not included talented player Mander, Romio ,Anas or Kane Lewis etc...
    I hope its the right time to replace the coach who tactically genius & vocal about system like Bob Hauton.
    Few friends are interested in Ashley Westwood....Brilliant coach in club level but did not have any exp in international arena.It would be gamble in present scenario. 

My preference  would be ZICO, Ceser Farias,Alexandre Gumaraes or Anthony Hudson(my personal favorite) type coach who can single handedly reach a NT to top echelon.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    AIFF can't afford most of them.
    munna219777