India vs Nepal WCQ 2nd Leg | 17th March 2015

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Raju better then Augustin :O
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    Raju better then Augustin :O
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    An early goal in Kathmandu should our nerves and take the fight out of Nepal..Nepal has no option but to attack and should leave gaps at back for us to take advantage of..we should still target a 2-0 win and if players like Robin,Francis can score then that wud give even more confidence to the team..Now Nepal skipper should atleast admit pressure is on Nepal :D
    ashindia
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Bhutan had not played for over a year yet they still scored against all odds and held out for the victory. We need to put the best defense we can out there and that includes Sandesh Jhingan as center-back.
    Pondicherrybida 25 Naujawan
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Nepal Skipper Sagar Thapa Suffers "Short Term Memory Loss"!

READ HERE: http://www.goalnepal.com/news.php?id=23543
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

It wont be easy. By any means if Nepal scores an early goal, it will be match on. I believe 3-0 would have sealed it for us. Though we r in a confortable position, still cant take anything granted..

It would be such nice to get a chance to play in the second round where its expected to get a lot many games in the coming years. I would be happy for that to begin with.

ArsenalFan700
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Nepal will attack from word go as they have no option..we should kill them on the counter..their defence is weak
  • PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    Yes, did you see the importance the 3rd goal would have had, we would have certainly sealed the tie. Have you seen the excitement in the Nepali group when their GK saved the penalty. They were literally celebrating hard, giving high fives, hugs, etc.

Anyways, its known fact they are going to come hard, very hard on us. Our defense will surely be tested there and in the first half we are slow in getting to the stride, this is almost always. Second half always suits us, we play a lot better.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I think the tie is more or less done.Only thing which can turn this in favour of Nepal is perhaps the over-confidence of Indian team.Remember, if India score 1 Nepal will have to score 4 and i can't see Nepal scoring 4 but India will certainly score more than 1 in my opinion.Nepal will do very very very very well to have 4 half chances.

Nepalese team was really really bad.

Squad Selection on the whole was ok but team selection was not fully correct in my opinion.

How do Lenny and Francis find their places in the Midfield is beyond my wildest imagination.

Chhetri is perhaps the best player produced by India in close to 20-25 years.I think he is better than both Bhaichung and Vijayan.

However,my only concern was that both the goals scored were not very cleanly struck but when in from outside the box.A half decent keeper should have saved them.Subrata won't have allowed those two to go in.

I surely think,our Midfield is the weakest link in the team.We don't have a creative player nor a holding player.Our Wingers Dika,Jackie,Francis and our left and right Backs don't have passing accuracy.They just lob the ball and their isn't a player within 10 metres of it.

I think its time for the youngsters to be exposed to the World.

Seriously Guys like Brandon,Udanta,Romeo,Sandesh, Gurpreet,Uttam will have to form the core and i feel they are way better,technically and physically than their predecessors so they should be given the chance as soon as India's campaign will end in these World Cup Qualifiers.

I mean the names which i have mentioned (Genuinely speaking all of them on merit can play in better leagues than Indian League of what little i have seen of them )  So After the turn of the next year i think its high time that these players are given a National Call Up
    namewtheldcoolgagansilicon3
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Brandon Fernandes and Uttam Rai seem to be like guys who will be big time at the youth level but once it comes to senior level they are finished.... happens in football sometimes sadly.

Udanta still has the jury out. Romeo Fernandes, Sandesh Jhingan, and Gurpreet Singh Sandhu should form the future but we need a striker to complement that future.