I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Why does it matter if players leave a state? These players are not good enough for the ISL, Kerala football is not really that developed and even with the Kerala Football League, the Calcutta Football League is higher quality and better chances of getting an I-League club if you do well.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    how is kerala players moving outside the state for employment has anything to do with ISL?

to be frank, fact that the state is producing players without proper Aiff or I-league presance is something admirable.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Exactly , if you are a budding footballer and want to earn good noney and make it to the top...the best options are...
    TRY FOR THE FOLLOWING CLUBS : In this order.. CFL , GPL , SPL and then others ( i left out MPL...coz very tough for outsiders )
    Play these regional leagues and inpress by December and hopefully get picked up by a Kolkata, Goan , Shilling or other I-League team..
    then hopefully ISL the following year...

If Kerela, Karnataka, TN or numerous other states had proper longer regional leagues...players could stay in State and try to catch the eye.
    but playing a 1 to 2 month league in these States...limits your transfer ability
    reddevil87
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    CFL/GPL should impose a limit on out of state players in every team. Local players should get preference and more local talent will get platform to flourish.
    goalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    I do not have any problem with Kerala players getting into CFL teams. There was a steady flow of good Keralite players in Kolkata league over the times; and they were good (Xavier Pius was a personal favourite). But I have never seen such a big bunch of players opting for a single club -- almost a distress migration. And the current migrants must be good, otherwise they wouldn't have get into United SC.

Kerala, till recently had team in I-league and is a thriving football state, nothing to be surprised at that. My only question is why Kerala Blasters (whew, got it right this time!) are not mentoring some of them. They seem to be giving birth to a footballing state.

reddevil87
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    @Deb_Ban
    You are a Xavier Pius fan ???? Great...... me too. To me the best off-the ball Indian player I have seen.
    Deb_Ban
    Why Kerala Blasters are not mentoring them? Why should they? There is a gap between ISL and a mid-quality CFL club like United. Kerala Blasters are already apparently starting the schools, what more do you want from them?
    atuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    I will give 3 ISL editions and then see how many young players from Kerala Tamil Nadu Maharashtra Delhi are queuing up for trials at I-League clubs. If not much, they have failed to do anything about football and remained circus tents.
    Deb_Banreddevil87munna219777
    edited July 2015
    Why? What can the ISL clubs do between 2015 and 2018 to have young players getting trials at I-League clubs? If, by 2018-2020, we don't even have one academy or more schools (but definitely academies) then you can say it is still a circus.

The schools, grassroots festivals, and scholarship program show that the ISL is focusing currently on the U12s... maybe U14/U13. By 2018 they will be 15-17 and I doubt queuing for I-League clubs.
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    edited July 2015
    Best solution for the I-league clubs and state FA is to have State leagues running from August to December or till I-League resumes.

This will help for people who didnt get into ISL and also unearth new players plus long state league which will benefit the all the parties.

This is the only viable solution which is coming across

ArsenalFan700Deb_Banreddevil87