I-League Vs ISL

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    Members are requested to use this thread for ISL vs I-League matters. Right now, this issue is being discussed in almost every thread.
    :P
    footydiparchakreddevil87atuljg
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    hotter than poonam pandey's yoga. :p
    anyways can we discuss football edge saga here?
    goalkeeparreddevil87mohammed_87hassan
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Pandey is overrated. She was hot to me back in 2011 but I was 15... even Nita Ambani probably would look hot to me back then!
    footydipgoalkeeparcoolgaganreddevil87mohammed_87hassan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29699 Points
    I celebrated Yoga day after watching pandey's yoga video. I hope Kolkata wins ISL again and she strips on live TV on star sports. ISL trp will sky rocket will suppress IPL.
    footydipmohammed_87hassan
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    I am the culprit. I shouldn't have started this. anyways back to the topic guys.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Anywho, back to the topic... and not exactly I-League vs. ISL but we do have this.

Seems the I-League and ISL will merge one day and we will have one league. Of course, this is all word of mouth right now. Nothing is official at all.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    In response to @atuljg's post in I-league 2015-16/ General Discussion thread:

It is not because of non-inclusion of MB/EB ISL is opposed. True, any football league without them, BFC and Dempo/ Salgaocar would be ridiculous. On top of this when they tout it as the birth of a footballing nation, I take it as a major affront. Also true, there are structural problems in those clubs (barring BFC, of course), and the league itself. Any sensible federation would force a reform there, not go for a sellout. 

Whatever was done for ISL, could have been done for I-league as well. For example, select a broadcaster, take them along as co-sponsor, take title sponsor (for whatever low amount), stop afternoon matches, MARKET THE LEAGUE (not give the responsibility to the wolf), and so on. I do NOT believe that there would not be a willing TV partner or a title sponsor in this big country. They just did not try enough. Then they branded it as a failure. And sold themselves to a private party.

Examples from LatAm  and SEA countries are flying thick and fast. But how many of their league are run by a private agency? They have higher attendances, good for them. How many stage matches in a weekday afternoon? How many have discarded their cup championship because it is difficult to fit in the calender?

I will oppose ISL even after inclusion of MB & EB, if they do it at all. I will keep on opposing it till the ownership is given back to the Fed or the clubs.Till then, it is a money spinning venture of the Ambanis and STAR, nothing more, nothing less.
    munna219777gaffertapeAKBreddevil87
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    @arsenalfan700, Patel is talking through his hat. Either he cannot comprehend what mess he has brought Indian football into (unlikely), or he doesn't bother. Trying to eyewash.
    munna219777
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @Deb_Ban, Your opposition is hardly unexpected as you're from Bengal. The voice of states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu also need to be heard in a real league, not like the I league tamasha.

Franchisee system which will step-by-step guarantee the participation of the entire country is the way forward. Club system will work only in the small countries of Europe but can work in state leagues of India if properly organized.

And as for Dempo/Salgaocar, FC goa has become far bigger than both of them combined.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Club system will work if you have enough clubs who are willing to invest and be professional. And also if the federation also provides a decent structure. All this is absent in India. No structure. No proper clubs.