AFC U-16 Championship India 2016 qualifiers

1656667686971»

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points

India forced to field weakened team for AFC U-16 Championship

India coach Nicolai Adam has been left to rue a "senseless" AFC rule that deprives him the opportunity to field at least four players for next week's AFC U-16 Football Championship in Goa.

Abhijit Sarkar, Tamal Naskar, A Hendry and Joysana Singh have all been ruled out of the crucial championship because of tournament guidelines that maintains that any player born between January 1, 2000 and September 1, 2000 will not be eligible, unless they were registered for last year's AFC Under-16 qualifiers.

"The problem we have is because of some, in my opinion, senseless AFC rules. I cannot use my best squad right now. I have players that were not on the final list for the AFC qualifiers a year ago and AFC rules say if you have not been on that final list of qualifiers, you have to be born on September 1 or later to be in the final list," Nicolai told TOI.

"Abhijit, our talented No 10 for example, does not fulfil the criteria because he was not registered for the qualifiers. He was injured. No coach would have done that. Now, we have a problem. We cannot use him. The team will now be different," said the German coach.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/goa/India-forced-to-field-weakened-team-for-AFC-U-16-Championship/articleshow/54257034.cms

WTF is this? !!!
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is bullshit! Four players!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Backup excuse for a poor campaign maybe?

Isnt this rule common for all teams?

For me This team although 2 years is a small time for proper youth teams, Compared to previous youth teams this is the most practiced and pampered yougsters.

Not expecting a semi final appearence but atleast a quarter appearence is what we should expect.
  • harry55harry55 india289 Points
    it will be very difficult for us to get qualify for QF as all the teams in our group are strong.the previous records of UAE,Saudiarabia and iran u16 teams are good.In order to get qualify for QF we have to win atleast two matches.

• samsam 16428 Points

WATCH THE AFC U-16 Championship IN INDIA FOR FREE

GOA: The Local Organising Committee for the 17th edition of the AFC U – 16 Championship India 2016, announced FREE match viewing for all the football fans.

The fans have to do is register online on http://preprod.get2thegames.com/and collect the tickets a day prior from the counters at the stadiums.

Nagendra
This discussion has been closed.