2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier: Guam vs. India | 16 June 2015

Comments

• PondicherryPondicherry 341 Points
    Well well.. India going to Guam with a loss to a mighty Omani team, 1-2, Only! at home, you know well who are the favorites. Nothing less than a victory against Guam but hold on, what if Sunil is kept in check, who would be the others to score goals for India?! Lately, I haven't seen goals scored by other team mates, except Sunil, in rare cases yes someone does here and there. Statistically speaking, in the last few Internationals, Sunil scored what 80% of India's goals, probably. Something to think about.
    silicon3
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    India vs Guam will be live streamed on GuamFa.Com
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

ok still confused.. so out of 8X5=40 teams, 8 (first place) + 4(second place) goes for wc qualifiers second round.

Now remaining 4(second spot) + 8(third spot)  +8 (4th spot) + 8(5th spot).

All these go for second round Asia cup qualifiers? or

4(second spot) - make up 16 teams on the asia qulaifiers. Rest 8 teams selected from qualifeirs place between the rest 24 teams( 8(third spot)  +8 (4th spot) + 8(5th spot).)

Am I correct ?

so what about the best 3rd place teams. What about that.

• CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @souravindia That's why India should come second in this ongoing 2nd round WCQ group behind Iran. I hope India win all matches against Guam and Turkmenistan by a huge margin and also beat Oman in their own soil. Entry into the third round of WCQ will be a huge morale booster for Indian football.

Qualifiying for 2019 Asia cup is good but India still has the capability to qualify for the third round of WCQ.
    atuljggaffertapejees_josekuldeep007
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    India's goal should be to think as big as possible if they want success. Only then India can perform well in Asian Games against top teams. I know it is difficult but what can we do? The corrupt FIFA (and possibly AFC) will tie up India with Australia, Korea or Iran etc (or who know what).

I agree with what Mr. Stephen and the players have said after the match. We needed more time and practice so that the team could identify their shortcomings and play as a team.

OK let's see what happens next.
    atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @souravindia

This is the format for qualification as AFC Asia Cup and World Cup Qualifiers have been merged. Also remember that Indonesia has been removed but UAE will keep on playing till they are removed from WCQ but when only qualification for AFC Cup has to be decided, UAE will withdraw as they are hosts and automatic qualifiers for next AFC asia Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_AFC_Asian_Cup_qualification#Format
    footydip
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    Ab samajh me aya . Thanks a lot @munna219777 \m/
    munna219777
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    @munna
    That is our indian national school tean :p
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Some confusion is still there. 12 teams will enter playoff round and they will select 8 out of 12!!! Those 8 will go to 3rd Round. 8 out of 12 is confusing.