I-League 2015-16 | General Discussions

Comments

• indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    it wpuld be better if there are even number of teams. Odd number of teams fuck's up with scheduling
    munna219777
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    How about Gangtok FC, J&K FC, Kochi FC, Lucknow FC, Jaipur FC, Bhopal FC, Ahmedabad FC etc..............
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29238 Points
    None of the above exist. ↑↑↑
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Starting any team in the 2nd Division is a losing venture.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Chennai City FC are the real Chennai team? Ya, no bias guys :)
    kuldeep007
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    netaji sc got taken over and rebranded as CCFC. the owner is young and die hard arsenal fan. planned big for direct entry last season but reality? seeped in and says its the SAI - IMG blocked stadia usage and thereby infra for forming an i-league team... AIFF again were mute spectators but no proof of these in the public domain yet.

did wll in 2nd div, playing for senior div this season post ISL calendar freeing up local teams to use marinaarena.
    munna219777namewtheld
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Strange!!! Because IMG has blocked JLN Stadium, Nethaji do not have necessary Infra for I-League? Then how come Kalyani Bharat FC come in I-League as Balewadi Stadium was also blocked by IMG-Reliance? and blocking is only for ISL period, not whole  year!!!!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    CCFC owner is young and super enthusiastic. .BUT family disputes and dissolution of the property has out road blocks in the plans to set up his training ground and other infra...

Should follow the model of Chennai Utd and stay as a smaller level team and focus on winning the Chennai top Division. .and one day try to come via 2nd Division. ..like , SLFC, RUFC & RWFC....note the Shilling League also improves leaps and bounds in that time.
    Hopefully the popularity of Chennaiyans will help in youth development
    namewtheldreddevil87kuldeep007
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    Firstly we need to ensure that 2nd Division I-league is cost effective and not a means to fill AIFF's coffer. The purpose of this league is to enable small budget clubs to play at competitive level.

Ideally when we establish a proper functioning state league in the North East Region, Sikkim & Kerala, the top teams from the respective leagues from  these region along with the ones from Goa Premier League and Calcutta Football League(excluding I-league teams)  should be the automatically drafted to the I-league 2nd Div. 
    The format should be changed into a tournament style(saves cost & more exciting)  where the winner & runner up (depending on the numbers relegated from I-league) qualifies for the I-league.