2016 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    I was mentioning top clubs, DSK, MFC arent that. Of course there would be clubs which would find life hard even when they are located advantageously but clubs from economically weaker regions would not bring anything to Indian football at this point of time. My two paise.
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    @EastBengalPride ; NEROCA FC is in Imphal, Manipur   not Nagaland. If Financial backup is the reason, then Dodsal FC, Bharat FC, DSK are from rich city Pune, why are they finishing last or closing down in I-League. Even rich owners like JCT, Mahindra closed down. Money of owner or money of big city may not be the reason why club can survive. Kerala Blasters have already 2 rich owners PVP and Muthoot back out.

In my opinion, rich owners are like Siberian Cranes, they will vanish quickly once their accountants settle their Tax Exemptions target using club as an excuse. The clubs which are fan based or which have really passed thru grassroute events like Second Division should be given opportunity because they are here for long.

One mistake which North East teams are doing is their over-reliance on local players. When best NE players are playing outside the region, why cant they recruit Punjab, Goa, Bengal players?
    Deb_BangoalkeeparEastBengalPridedeepakcsamiam
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I agree with @EastBengalPride. Absolutely correct. One of the prime reasons. But not the sole reason. Even though you are based at economically viable locations, it may not turn out to be a success if you dont invest or try to fight out. Which has been the case with DSK and MFC. A single season when MFC wins the league (ofcourse Jamil needs to go) or DSK wins a silverware, the scenario will change. The another thing has to be successful for a longer period, so that the popularity and fan grows. With a stronger fan-base, no corporate will be wiling to close a reasonable profitable geese.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Fan base is just a small pie in today's budget of clubs. Despite having millions of fans have EB and MB been to leverage financial benefit out of it? No. A viable location gives you a headstart not a gurantee. JCT's pull out had more to do with parent companies woes than the footballing atmosphere of the country. But AIFF should go all out to get Mahindra back, they actually have history behind them.
    karenesudhakar2050
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Good attempt by you to justify your point.

One response Royal Wahingdoh FC

You obviously don't know the full story of the NE situation...or you wouldn't make such flippant statements. 
    Deb_Bandeepakcsamiam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Everyone and their dog and weed knows that the NE is a poor area filled with evil people who want to suck our blood and eat our potatoes!
    samiam
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    minvera won 2-0 against gangtok himalayan
    mohammedan sporting won 2-0 over neroca 
    munna219777deepakc
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The Big question now is.....

If Mohd Sporting qualify for I-League...we have 3 teams out of 9 from Kolkata...

Add ATK...what happens to the Merge plans ?

What does MINERVA, NEROCA  , Lonestar etc for next year....if they know they can't qualify for I-League 
  • samsam 16441 Points
    Don't worry AIFF will find some AFC criteria to not allow Mohammedan 
    Deb_Bansamiam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't think the "merger" will be a straight merger in which we simply add the teams from I-League and ISL... it will be super, super selective I reckon if anything and Mohammedan won't make it.