2016 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I don't think the "merger" will be a straight merger in which we simply add the teams from I-League and ISL... it will be super, super selective I reckon if anything and Mohammedan won't make it.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Sanjoy Sen looks set for another lengthy ban by the jokers at Dwarka....apparently yesterday he was vociferous about allowing back Churchill & USC back in natnl lg. Madam won't be happy at all by these statements from a top coach of country which is bound to get eyeballs
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    What does I-League professional football clubs have to say on this issue?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    If Dempo SC qualify, then also we got 3 Goan clubs plus FC Goa from Goa. what kind of merger is probable there?
    AKB
    I'll just copy and paste:

"I don't think the "merger" will be a straight merger in which we simply add the teams from I-League and ISL... it will be super, super selective I reckon if anything and Mohammedan won't make it."
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Fine....even it is super selective like Chirag Tanna wants...

Then what happens to the teams that have qualified for the top tier...
    I suppose Tanna also wants Bengaluru FC, East Bengal, and Mohun Bagan in the league... so that is 3 done. That leaves questions on Sporting Goa, Salgaocar, Mumbai, Shillong Lajong, and DSK Shivajians. Aizawl is relegated for now and even if they do stay up, I really do not believe it would hard to deal with them. Neither would Shillong Lajong. DSK I hear might work with FCPC but who knows where that will go and they have 1-2 years to deal with Salgaocar, Sporting, and Mumbai and whatever 1-2 team(s) get promoted.
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    @munna219777 ; As per media reports I-League merger will happen after 2017 U-17 World Cup. If Dempo SC qualify then it remains to be seen if one club from Goa gets relegated from 2016-17 I-League?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Cybertron Nothing is confirmed regarding merger. It is speculation and preliminary talks only. Nothing will change definitely in 2016-17 I-league as per my knowledge.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    Dempo won 3-0 today vs Gangtok Himalaya. Mandar scored 2 and Nazary scored 1.
    munna219777deepakc