One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    wow i thought the i-league vs ISL debate was bad. leave the regionalism aside guys. merely pointed towards an opinion on posters showing next to nil faith towards clubs from outside the usual geographies.

I also see a complete intolerance towards people's opinion here. Providing a view and opinion has becomed a patent towards only a few here.

chill its just a point of view, lets hope abuse doesnt follow it.
    AshleshatuljgDomnicdeepakcNagendrakuldeep007
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    @DX That was a joke. I hope everyone will bring down the anti Kerala Blasters rhetoric.
    gaffertape
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    by the way @domnic what does 'ukod' mean?
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    edited November 2015
    truth is we are no one. we can quarrel, fight whatever we wish. In the end what is going to be happened will happen. we can change nothing. my policy is until then take the back seat, enjoy whatever football ( Indian) you have at your disposal. Let time take it's own course. 8-> B-)
    reddevil87munna219777AshleshSoham_DefoxBrainFallINDIAatuljgdeepakckartik91kuldeep007
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    I beg to differ. IFN do have a force which the authorities cannot ignore totally. Although it is very minuscule as yet, it is a voice. So the more we raise our voices, the more messages go through.The biggies sometimes visit the forum incognito.
    atuljgfootydipmunna219777Soham_De
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9961 Points
    For example, the decision makers are at a loss after going through IFN whether to close ISL or I-league or both. So I urge the members to settle the issue in the appropriate thread.

Right now though, the nation wants to know what does 'ukod' mean?
    DomnicatuljgarchakdeepakcfootydipBrainFallINDIAkartik91munna219777EastBengalPrideSoham_Deand 5 others.
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    edited November 2015
    IMG-R or rather Neeta Ambani as also PP are not fools to have overlooked the ground reality of ISL. They just can't stop I-League (just as they did to the Fed Cup) because that would invite a ban on AIFF. But for a smooth ISL they need to remove the ghost of I-League, hence the idea of merger is born. Now any big time club football in India can never be thought without Mohun Bagan, EB & BFC (on their recent performance). These 3 teams attract spectators which none of the other I-League teams can do, so a merger of ISL & I-League is being talked about & it is just for the existance of ISL I believe & not for improvement or some 2020 or 3030 vision.
    If Kolkata big 2 are inducted in ISL or whatever it is named then ATK is doomed so they want to rope in Mohun Bagan who are now having all sorts of financial issues thanks to their great officials. EB don't have any immediate financial worries & BFC themselves are a corporate club, so why not have a 10 team league from 2017-18 ?
    My worry is how the relegation /promotion issue would be handled ? Some may quote that "in that country there is no relegation/promotion" so why we want it here ? My counter question is then what we do with 2nd Division I-League ? Where from we get young talents who would wear the "Blue" one day ? Also what happens if any ISL team gets relegated ? Or there will be no relegation for those teams for an indefinite period ? So there is lot of home work that needs to be done before the merger idea is realized. Also I believe once ISL-I League merger takes place, the erstwhile ISL teams must go through the licencing issues also & will those teams agree because to them ISL has been a mode of changing colour of money and nothing else. I'm afraid everything may be hotch-potch & IMG-R will run away leaving AIFF with a beggar's bowl in hand.
    deepakcshibier
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    Shillong Lajong and Royal Wahingdoh also has good fan following. They both averaged 10000 in match day attendance last year. 
    Deb_Bandeepakc