One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Easy to say Kerala have the worst management, That extends to TN & Karnataka. The real reason is the fact you have too many MNC's and especially ones which come with an idea which will work in the north and expect the same in the south.

People differentiate stardom away from sports, All the fluff of "Stars" in the game is easily shown very lukewarm reception in both these states. People love a good sport where they can come and enjoy with families and friends & without the nonsense & noise of hype.

Fact is southern India is different, People's expectation and the way they respond is different, You give KBFC to Muthoot 100% and keep it pure Mallu rather than cosmopolitan i bet it can be a real force. The same goes for Chennai.
    gopiajeeshBrainFallINDIAatuljgNagendra
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Why does anyone need a team from Delhi in any league, same for Pune. DD should shift to Punjab and become Punjabi Tigers FC. Kerala at least gets crowds, these two cities are like football cemetery. Sala, DD can't get 20K people on a Saturday evening with free entry.
    Domnicdeepakc
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    does Punjab get crowd ??? just asking
    atuljgDomnickarenesudhakar2050coolgagangoalkeepar
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Delhi is the capital and one of the major, major cities in India? It needs a bloody team and it is not as if there are no fans.
    atuljgBrainFallINDIADomnicAshleshcoolgagankartik91spartaNagendrakuldeep007
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @DX you talk so much shit..it's unbelievable. .. 

I quote "Fact is southern India is different, People's expectation and the way they respond is different, You give KBFC to Muthoot 100% and keep it pure Mallu rather than cosmopolitan i bet it can be a real force. The same goes for Chennai."

KBFC got fans because they were winning last year...and not an all Malayalee team. We have seen all Mallu teams come and go...from the days of FC Kochi , Malabar FC , Titanium,  Viva /Chirag Kerela, Eagles FC etc all were predominantly "Mallu" teams , to use your phrase.  How much fans, or sponsors did they get....
    All clubs folded and owed money to players !!

BFC have no Bangalore players in their starting line-up, & if I am not mistaken they had none in their squad of 18 for most of their sold out AFC games !! yet their stands seem to be more full than Shillong Lajong FC last year !
    ( incidentally RCB games are some of the toughest to get tickets for , and people come to watch Gayel , Kohli & AB DeVilliers)

People like a winning product...
    Do some market research in your home town Chennai , people come to the Chennaiyans games for multiple reasons , and you will not boost your squad by having Dravidian players.
    The one Tamilian you did sign , is injured for the season , and most of the Chennaiyans FC fans won't even know who he is , anymore than Abhishek Bachhan can tie a veshti !
    You guys have MS Dhoni as a brand ambassador / "owner" because he is the face of your Chennai cricket team !

This is a new India , we have cosmopolitan cities. You have to target crowds based on market forces ( i won't waste y time explaining this to you ) , and not on caste / religion / "locals" etc !!

Then again you are an FC Chennaiyans fan , so i guess we should expect irrational nonsense from you as the "real reason"

end quote  " The real reason is the fact you have too many MNC's and especially ones which come with an idea which will work in the north and expect the same in the south. "

Ashleshreddevil87ArsenalFan700EastBengalPridegoalkeeparThe real AGdeepakcNagendrakuldeep007
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Its easy to say all this when you are sitting away in Thailand not knowing the ground realities.
    I watched the match today in stadium. I bought a proper ticket. I was among those 20,000 fans enjoying themselves. Obviously, there were some free tickets that were given, but remember that Delhi is just not a football city. You can't help it. That is the way it is. This doesn't mean that you will walk out on them and not develop the game over there. Attendances have increased in Delhi this season.
    Crowd is getting intelligent. Obviously, there will be fans who got free tickets and they don't know much about the game.
    But, then you have the DDFC Ultras and other smart fans who know the game and appreciate it. I saw kids recognizing Robin Singh and one particular kid said proudly to his friends while looking at the poster, "Look Malouda, He was with Chelsea, now he's with Delhi Dynamos". This is the kind of impact we are talking about.
    I know its a long way to go for Delhi. Its in very initial stages of promotion. People don't have any such allegiance to Delhi as of now. Even when Kolkata scored today, people appreciated the goal. But, cheers were very loud for Gadze's goal. But, for a start at least people have started to visit the stadium and recognized the players
    samArsenalFan700atuljgarchakThe real AGkartik91sparta
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I am in India for last one month, Kolkata, Delhi, Himachal, etc. And right now in Kolkata! Anyways congratulations for making it to a football match ;) If you bought a ticket for a DD home game, that's either, you want a better view which the free ticket stands don't offer or you are doing your bit to support IMG-R recover money.

Anyways, I will take it from you about the crowd. Also if Delhi crowd is changing for the better, I would be damn happy to take my statement back :)
    goalkeeparkartik91deepakc
  • samsam 16428 Points
    There are free tickets for Cricket matches also in India. However, this doesn't prove that nobody buys ticket for those matches. ISL Haters, come with a better logic, Please.
    atuljgmunna219777shankar