One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @sam I agree with you. Many years ago, I was trying to get a ticket at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai for India-England One Day International. (The one where Flintoff took out his Shirt). In those days, capacity of Wankhede Stadium was around 45000. But only 4000 tickets were sold to common public. Many tickets are given to different clubs and organisations and sponsors and Municipal/Government agencies. Many of those tickets given to people/agencies end up on Black Market also. At the end of the day, Tickets sold 4000, stadium crowd count 45000.
    Online Ticketing didnt exist in those days. If you want a Ticket in Line, stand in front of Ticket Window one night before it opens.
    :P
    Deb_Banatuljggoalkeepar
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    edited November 2015
    In a merged league can we get marquees like Filip Holosko for a whole season instead of the likes of Carlos, Anelka,Mutu
    ArsenalFan700
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    edited November 2015
    @gaffertape looks like you hear too many things from insiders and lost touch of the ground level. unlike u am an fan in touch with grassroot level fanbase.

Fyi chennaiyin have always tried to bring a tamil born player. last season they trialled raegan last year they brought in dhanpal. u may say they dont give a shit in this. just look at the facebook page where they tried there level best to connect to the avg tamil crowd by getting him interviews in tamil and bringing to public places for marketing before his injury. Ur links to dhoni and shit is primarily due to the insecurity of rel img thinking he alone can bring the fans, reality is spectators will come to the stadium irrespective of whether dhoni is a face or not.

Please dont bring ur FC kochi's and eagles example. they struggled becos they were and part of a failed product called i-league. No club in kerala are a failure becos they didnt get fans in the stadium, they couldnt rope in sponsers thats that.

In a nutshell these might be cosmopolitan cities in a "new india" but people do expect local touch rather than get swayed by ur abhishek's , ur alia's and nonsense. so yes i stand by what i say that what works in the north will not work in the south.

the reason why vijayan and ancheri were brought in last season and dhanush is roped in instead of abhishek.

People are smarter than u give them credit gaffer. they can come to the ground for different reasons but the need for local touch is a constant requirement.
    atuljggoalkeepargaffertapeAKBsilicon3Nagendrakuldeep007
  • Part of the ISL Glamour were the increased no. of foreigners and better quality players...So if we go back to the old days of Ranti Dudu where does that help us??
    Though i am hopeful that as we follow the 3+1 rule the clubs can actually sign better players as they dont have to spend on 11 foreigners!
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Why is this merger getting so much importance. Guys, this is not gonna happen for atleast another 7-10 years. IMG has to recover what they have put in first and make some profit too. Only, then can we talk about merger.

Flaws:
    1) Normally clubs make a good amount of money from telecast rights. But in this case the part owner itself is the broadcaster. So, I dont see clubs getting much from telecast rights till the broadcaster has made his money.
    2) There are strict financial criteria to satisfy for AFC guidelines. A team like Churchill failed here as the money trail was missing. Now, with ISL having so much black money involved, it remains to be seen how they go about it. But this issue is small, as FIFA and AFC themselves are corrupt and ISL has got the money to shut them out.
    3) Can clubs afford the kind of players over a period of 7-8 months. Some players are getting close to 3-4 crores for 4 months. So can this so called "ONE LEAGUE" afford to pay one player 7 crore. A longer league is bound to reduce the quality of players coming in. 

mohammed_87hassankarenesudhakar2050deepakcgoalkeeparkuldeep007
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @Domnick You are in dream land. Half the ISL franchises won't last 7 years, merger happening in 2-3 years.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Have to agree with@Dominic. Remember there is no official word from das/pp/ img on this and that says a lot.

My theory is that its a rumour purposely planted on social media so that the heat won't be on them when the scam called U17 WC arrives.

That is the promised land for the officials with crores of grants ready to be looted off, they don't want thngs like a national league interfering yhat
    munna219777
  • I think Delhi is doing well as far as attendances are concerned..The owners hardly do any promotions and also the club has no connect with the city people as yet..They average 20k this season playing in a 60k stadium..That's why it looks bad..

The biggest club in Australia Sydney FC play in a 45k stadium and only averaged 17k last season..For now its ok for Dynamos i guess..
    kartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    6 foreigners on the pitch is only 2 more than allowed in I-League... the quality won't drop by as much people are making it out to and we can convince player to stay long term for the league... hell, there were some I-League foreigners in the ISL you would not have said would stay in India before they did.
    kuldeep007
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I'm totally surprised that @Ashlesh could even compare kerala Blasters with FC Kochin.

FC Kochin was backed by a former central government official and 2 NRIs. They were totally reliant on sponsors and had no corporate owner then. They indulged in bad business practices, lost money, lost sponsors and had to shut down.

FC Kochin was never a pan kerala club and it never got any support from Travancore region of Kerala unlike the Blasters. The Kochi region supported them and some from Malabar. I'm from Travancore region and if kerala Blasters was named Kochi Blasters or FC Kochin, I wouldn't have supported them.

@7Negi can keep on dreaming about the closure of Kerala Blasters but I'm sorry to upset you that it'll never happen.
    DXAshleshBrainFallINDIAkartik91karenesudhakar2050silicon3kuldeep007