One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    From 2019-2020. This means that this year 2018-19, it will be 2 leagues.  FIFA / AFC has given one more year of extension to status-quo of  Circus.

FSDL might appoint a two member committee of their own comprising of Kiran More and a retired judge who will take 6 months to study FIFA / AFC recommendations.

Jokes apart, how much binding are these recommendations (Philips & Coward) on AIFF.. Unless AFC/ FIFA issues a ban threat, nothing will change. 
    goalkeeparDeb_Bankarenesudhakar2050indian_gooner
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Bhai, I dontd understand why are we even discussing these. All fifa recommendations are what IMG wanted. Even they respected 5 year one city one team rule too.
    MikiDeb_Bansouravindiaashindiamunna219777sparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/we-are-yet-to-send-report-to-aiff-says-afc-general-secretary-dato/articleshow/63638587.cms

We are yet to send report to AIFF, says AFC general secretary Dato’

A day after it emerged that a two-member committee appointed by FIFA and Asian Football Confederation (AFC) has proposed an Asian ban on Indian clubs if the AIFF fails to implement a unified league structure from 2019-20, AFC general secretary Dato’ Windsor John denied sending any such reports to the Indian federation.

He said it is too early to take such a step. “We have not communicated anything to AIFF yet. I don’t know which report has come out in the media. The work is still in progress and we are in the process of finalising the draft. We have not even set any deadlines yet. But I can tell you that it will still take another couple of months to have the final report ready. We will then have a meeting with top FIFA officials before sending out to AIFF,” Dato’ told TOI from Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

It was last year that both FIFA and AFC formed a two-member team comprising Alex Phillips (of AFC, seconded from UEFA) and Nic Coward (FIFA consultant) to assess the situation and chalk out a roadmap for a unified league in India. They went around the country, speaking to ISL, I-League and second division league clubs. According to sources, they had sent preliminary reports to AFC.

AIFF general secretary Kushal Das said that they are waiting for a detailed report. “For now, we can only wait for the detailed report to be tabled. When the issue about which will be the top league emerged, we had requested the AFC to help us in creating a roadmap. AFC agreed to send their consultants to discuss with the stakeholders. They were supposed to come up with an official report. I have not got any official report from AFC at all. These apparently could be recommendations, suggestions or discussion papers done by the consultants, who were appointed by FIFA and AFC to do this project,” Das said.

A top source said that a lot of legalities needed to be worked out before taking a final decision. “Even when the report comes, we will have discussions with all the stakeholders before taking a decision. We will need to see the legality, contract extensions and current provisions. Mind you, these reports are not final. The FIFA and AFC can only recommend. It is up to us to act on those recommendations. A final decision will only be taken by the AIFF Executive Committee after consulting with every party,” the source said.
    7negiDeb_Banmunna219777ashindia
  • ok. How about this. ISL clubs ditch Nita aunty >:) . Pay 1 cr as corporate entry into I league :p . So 20 teams i league. I really don't care which league they play. There should be only 1 league whether it is named as ISL or I league.
    Since they paid 1 cr they won't be relegated for 3 season? Am i correct. The i league winners get AFC champions league spot. 
    Make super cup an event like FA  cup allowing clubs from i league, 2nd div, state leagues in a knockout format. Make it as biggest championship in the world.
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited April 2018
    As the Super Cup has shown us ,theres not much difference between the two leagues . I think Super Cup should decide the AFC champions league and AFC Cup spots in the future . This will make the tourney relevant . 
    munna219777sparta
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @indian_gooner Now lets talk sponsorship and revenue generation
  • "Mind you, these reports are not final. The FIFA and AFC can only recommend. It is up to us to act on those recommendations. A final decision will only be taken by the AIFF Executive Committee after consulting with every party"

that settles all as what will happen
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Lol! A ban would be nice way to move forward. 
    munna219777deepushakkeerKMindian_gooner
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    AFC and FIFA will not do anything. Nothing is going to happen. We are all fucking fools wasting our time wishing good things for Indian football.
    goalkeepar[Deleted User]sanvedjadhavdeepumunna219777
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    edited April 2018
    Leave all this bullshit. Pack your bags. Go abroad to some developed country like France, England, etc. Watch high quality  football every weekend and enjoy life. :wink:
    [Deleted User]indian_gooneratuljgmunna219777