One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    I would rather have FIFA ban AIFF for next 3 years so a proper clean up is possible. India needs PP gang and Reliance to go! 
    DEFENCE123atuljgsouravindiagoalkeeparspartaindian_gooner
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    I have an idea, make ISL top division with 13 teams (10 ISL teams + EB, MB and Arrows) and make I-League 2nd division. Brodcast all 2nd division matches and pay each I-League club 2 crores per year from the franchisee fee they receive from ISL teams, Then when the relegation immunity contract ends in 5 years' time, start promotion and relegation with I-League and remove franchise fee
    debarghya89souravindiagoalkeepardeepu
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    edited April 2019
    My suggestions:

1. Take top 6 teams from each league for the first 2 years. No direct entry to this level by any new team -- to give equal opportunity and retain quality

2. Make 10 team 2nd Div with balance teams, and keep on adding new teams -- to prep promotion system and to make it a open ended system

3. no relegation for 2-3 years -- to let the teams consolidate

4. promote 2 teams each year for a 2-3 year frame to make the top tier a 16-18 team league -- More than 18, the league loses quality and therefore attractiveness

5. Start relegation  (along with promotion ) after that period -- to have a normal functioning league structure

6. No Arrows, make academies by the participating clubs a must -- to have a viable ecosystem

7. Fed start Referees and Coaches education -- Refs should have gradation and annual contract

8. No participation Fees, Clubs should get a part of the central revenue 
    DEFENCE123atuljggoalkeeparmunna219777
    All 10 ISL teams will have to be in first division, it is written in the contract
    atuljggoalkeepardeepu
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    All this talk about merger  is futile and has no direction. Neither AIFF nor AIFF* is ready to hear out anything.
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Ileague clubs should file lawsuits in CAS NOW! Hope CAS will spank MLS into place, ISL ALeague will either follow or shut down.
    goalkeeparDeb_Bansouravindia
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Only problem is, the clubs' union is very fragile. One temptation to a club, and they break away citing some reason or other.
    munna219777
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited April 2019
    they cant approach CAS before official announcement is made or if they do IDK how much weightage they will have 
    They will lose 100% in CAS battle. Reliance has too much influence. They are just wasting 5 crores
    deepu