One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    And MLS doesn't have money? Reliance might just say "fuck you" to AIFF for all this trouble and leave the contract. Hopefully that happens!
    DEFENCE123
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @EastBengalPride   MLS didn't lose the CAS battle.....nothing happened. And if FSDL leaves Indian Football it will be a disaster because we will be back to the dark old days of I-League with completely empty stadiums and no one watching
    MikiDeb_Banatuljgdeepu
  • MikiMiki Kerala252 Points
    yes, then the minerva fans and the i league fans will be very happy.... 
    Minerva doesn't have any fans...Their crowd is only academy kids
    deepu
    FSDL is a nincompoop organisation which has already failed, like total abject failure. ISL franchises have lost money, failed to build infrastructure, failed to invest in youth development and a fan base (Delhi, Pune, NE, ATK, Mumbai). Simple, because they aren't experts in the business of football. Chirag Tanna couldn't make Pune FC popular how could he succeed with ISL. ISL if must exist, should become a one month tournament in September or April, with all the associated tamasha and fuckery. That's the only way FSDL can make some business sense. 
    goalkeeparDeb_Banmunna219777indian_gooner
    The main job of ISL was to make Indian football popular, which it did. And sad for you because your team is also joining the league next year so you have to watch it
    deepu
    EB won't join ISL unless it's modified to be a viable investment option. EB doesn't need to pay 15 crores a year to get eyeballs on ground or TV viewership. 
    [Deleted User]
    Reliance is giving them fee reduction so they will join
    EastBengalPridedeepu
    That will be applicable for all other ISL clubs too then. They cant make an exception for EB. Also I don't believe Reliance will do any fee reduction for 10-12 clubs. 
    ISL as a product needs to significantly reduce participation fees, boost TV revenues, increase sponsorship pool payments to clubs, introduce promotion relegation to be a viable option. Sounds unrealistic? Because it is, doomed from the beginning. 
    If FSDL did their primary job of marketing I-League, enforce strict marketing standards for I-League clubs with big penalties, be successful in selling TV rights for a healthy fee, all this mess would have been avoided. However they couldn't do that as I have said before, they know jackshit about the business of football. Chirag Tanna is PFC failure, so what did you expect anyways?
    DEFENCE123
    @EastBengalPride ; ISL is planning to reduce fees for all teams next year and they are also looking for other ways to boost revenue
    debarghya89deepu