One Nation One League: I-League-ISL Merger

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    FC Goa has taken all the fans and I don't think anybody will want to compete against them.
    BrainFallINDIA
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    True ,Also stadium sharing in Goa won't work like in Kolkata
    goalkeepar
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    IMGR isn't the sole owner of the league. league is also owned by star and aiff, if I am not wrong. As said previously solution may be to give % of ownership to imgr for a certain period to recover their investment. anyone know about the contract of the league? as imgr deal as marketing partner of aiff is for 15 years only, so there is a possibility that their ownership of the league or the brand name ISL is only up to certain years. Need to confirm though. As far as afc norms and ownership is concerned I don't think that will be problem. if they are not directly related ( like son, own brother etc), will not cause problem. One of my distantly related relative may be another famous businessman himself / herself. That can't stop him to own a team if I already have one. We may even be business rivals. So that will not be a case of conflict of interest I think. anyway all are my perception and assumptions. will happy to be get corrected.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    @coolgagan. Quote "GOA does not have the capacity to have anything other than FC Goa. Dempo is FC Goa. Salgaocar and Sporting will not want to compete with FC Goa. But, I don't want these clubs to stop functioning. They can form an effective second division." Unquote

Why will top division clubs want to play second division and supply players to the ISL?? They are not here for charity and would want their pound of flesh. Mind you, these two teams, Salgaocar and SCG have the best youth development program.

Secondly, FC Goa has caught the imagination of people. But, there is a lot of divide between the south goans and the north goans ( Go into detail and find out the glaring differences). So that is where, the second team can take shape. Probably name one team, FC North Goa and the other FC South Goa ( Salgaocar and SCG). This derby will beat the Kolkata derby :P
    Deb_Bangoalkeepardeepakckartik91munna219777kuldeep007
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    People are over hyping ATK and some other ISL franchises. ATM doesn't invest money in ATK, only assists with players and technical staff etc. Ganguly has no time or money to run a football club. If Goenkas pull out, there is no ATK. Also, wtf has Kolkata to do with Madrid anyway? And fan base comparison is a joke. Social media has ensured even without club support, EB MB fan clubs are recruiting young generations and in large numbers. Just like Pune City, ATK doesn't even have a practice ground. For fuck's sake, they hired Bhutia to advise them and he will be given a bigger role next year. Their owners couldn't be less bothered about ISL already! When the Ambanis called, they responded but that doesn't mean they are suddenly into football and want to stay in ..lol :D
    Deb_Bangoalkeepardeepakcsilicon3
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Exactly, @Eastbengalpride. One or two more seasons, ATK will turn the new Karala Blstaers of ISL. Their promoters are not for the long haul.

And Also the Madrid connection: what with it? MB could have gone for the Etihad deal if they wanted, negating the need for ATM. Hell, Tutu Bose is Holland based, so he may be comfortable with a Dutch club. What are the club members thinking?

Why do the club have to accommodate ATK? What investments they have made, save for paying IMGR and purchasing players?
    goalkeepardeepakcMaddie
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29243 Points
    Goan Derby

FC Goa (South Goa) (owner -Dempo,Videocon,Datta Salgaocar) (stadium - Fatorda 19.2K capacity)
    vs
    Futbol clube North Goa (North Goa) (owner - Salgaocar and Vaz) (Stadium - New GCA stadium Curca 40K capacity)
    gaffertapeDeb_BanDomnicdeepakcatuljg
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Geez. Mouth watering ...
    EastBengalPride
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Doubt Peter Vaz's ego can allow a partnership with Salgaocars! Goans would know better.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    ATM is 15% owner of ATK. So, I guess they may pay some money. And as it is they are letting them use their top quality pre-season facilities where ATM also trains. FAIR ENOUGH!
    As for Etihad deal, there was no Etihad deal. It was pre-election scam that Tutu Bose and company pulled off. And also its the Bengali media that reported it. So, you never know whether its true or not.

As for the second division, after everything sets properly, I call for a relegation/promotion league. Salgaocar/Sporting will have equal chance to come to first division. No doubt in that. Goa can have second club. Where are capacity stadiums and will crowds come?? Will owners make investment?

Deb_Ban