U-18 I-League 2015-16

Comments

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    is there any age determination tests for this tournament ? U18 league sounds very promising but if it is really u18. it will produce ghanta if it is yet another overage shit.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Can somebody give an insight about the SAI teams? How were players scouted for these teams and what is the objective of sports authority in developing these players? 
    sparta
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    Why not u18 isl league? Why trying the failed I league product... Nita aunty not yet said.. Let's football...
    deepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So, while we all complain about lack of ISL teams here, how are these U18 teams set-up? Are they serious or just the usual "lets form a team quickly and see what happens"?
    atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Last year it was "Birth of Footballing Nation". Wait 17 more years to get U-18 team.
    :P

On their defense, Youth Development is always a gimmick. These ISL franchises cannot even satisfy basic AFC guidelines which are expected even from a 2nd Division club by AIFF. Let them atleast create some office and training facilities for their franchises. They hardly have any Physical Address. Right now these ISL teams are run from Hotel, Mobile Phones, Celebrities, accountants and Paid Media. U 18  is not even in their wishlist.
    reddevil87ArsenalFan700deepakcEastBengalPridespartaatuljgSoham_DearunThe real AGashindiaand 3 others.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    @Arsenalfan700 Clubs like EB MB BFC PFC Salgaocar Dempo have regular squads. EB youth teams have participated in IFA Shield, Subroto Cup and a couple of other tournaments in Bengal. MB has a proper residential academy. Not too sure about the others though.
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Shillong Lajong Youth squad is winning Shillong Lajong premier league easily ...
    karenesudhakar2050The real AGdeepu
    A proper residential academy? Cool. The same academy that has produced such amazing players in the past.
    atuljgThe real AGEastBengalPridespartagopiajeeshkartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
    Sporting Has a Academy with top training grounds at don bosco, Salgaocar has best youth system in goa, dempo also maintain good youth teams which are sometimes used by FC Goa as there youth team with only a jersey change. Churchill has descent youth teams unlike others Churchill team contain lots of NE kids. all those team are year round and participate in GFA Taca youth leagues and other tournaments.
    Cool, and I will ask again, what talents have we seen? We all say these things are great, world-class, perfect, but the results are not seen.

And FYI, I am not defending the ISL here... I am willing to give them till around 2017 to get something started but when they do do something then I expect it to be good... like something that has not been seen before in Indian football... equal to what the current batch for the U17 World Cup is getting at least. That is something for down the road but while we criticize the ISL, what is there against these teams? Plenty.
    atuljggoalkeeparThe real AGEastBengalPridegopiajeeshkartik91