U-18 I-League 2015-16

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited October 2015
    Don't use Pune FC as an example when it comes to academy, we all know the problems there. Mohun Bagan have produced plenty of national team players and will continue to but people on here know their "academy" and how problematic it is.

Salgaocar and Dempo are great and have done well with guys like Romeo, Mandar, and even the likes of Aliston and some other youth player I forgot were close to making it but looked promising.

I understand the frustration with the ISL and it is deserved but I feel we are now ignoring the problems at this level with the I-League and other clubs and I am sure that many of these teams, specially from the 2nd Division, have nothing at the youth level, rubbish coaches, and bad facilities. Even Pune, which can make it look professional and breaking, have many internal issues.

I like this U18 I-League but what has changed?
    atuljgEastBengalPride
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    @ArsenalFan700 all those Indian players in ISL are produced by those clubs and academy's. what has ISL produced till now a big 0. with 1 day grass root program and then selecting a best 11 team by some unknown gora coach will not produce players. that team will be trashed by GFDC elite team easily.
    EastBengalPride
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Okay, they produced players but everyone failed to produce quality footballers. They were good for I league and clubs were not ambitious enough to think beyond that.
    The real AGEastBengalPride
    Okay... I am not saying the ISL is doing anything... I hate that they are not.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    @atuljg how many quality players has ISL produced.
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Which club produces players in 1 year? Are you still in Namek?
    The real AG
    "players are produce when they play more not just having fancy 2 week camps"

And there in-tales the problem. The academies/youth teams are sub-standard and the leagues/tournaments we expect them to play in are wank. And then when they do play in leagues/tournaments they are overplayed, playing 3-4 games a week when really 1-2 should accepted with more training sessions being done, proper training sessions. Promote development of the player and @Ashlesh is right when we don't have the culture to do that yet.
    atuljgEastBengalPride
  • Are you expecting the ISL to fastrack human evolution, for babies to grow up in a year to 21 year olds capable of playing in football?

Even at the highest levels of football, no one expects any serious youth development to occur in a year, so to use ISL not producing youth as of now, when the league itself is transitioning, is just mind-boggling.

In 3 years time, there won't be an ISL, there will be just a merged league, and that is when things should be in place, and any excuse from then should be scorned at. Not now.

As for the I-League clubs, I see some pontificating from the I-League fans with an agenda. I-League clubs have had much longer and at a more stable platform and environment to develop youth, which I could argue is the most sustainable way forward than hanging on to 28 year emerging players. Yet EB has just recruited Bikash Jairu as their 6th choice winger, MB chose to bring back Densin Devadas and Anwar Ali last season, and I will keep a keen out for how much opportunity Robinson gets in their team this season. The Goan clubs are much happier to give youth a chance, probably out of necessity.

Face it, only Shillong Lajong are really suing their youth academy as a primary source to run their sporting side. Everyone else is just being fallacious.
    atuljgdeepakckartik91
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Shillong Lajong began the process back in 2011-12 when they started their GOAL2014 project

The idea was to have the Youth Team's produce players' to come thru to the senior team.
    They are finally reaping the rewards....

Sometimes the financial constraints force them to do such things...
    The best thing that happened to them , was Desmond Bulpin getting sacked... that cost the Club a lot of money and they were forced to revert to the original plan
    reddevil87deepakckartik91
  • Soham_DeSoham_De Kolkata1673 Points
    then why dnt isl acknowledge ileague . all isl teams hav taken players from ileague players on bhara!!! why arent the isl teams coming clear on when they can produce players of their own and starting competing in a one league all over the year affair!!!!
    kartik91