Exposure Tours for 2017 U17 FIFA World Cup

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9322 Points
    Probably too late in making this decision. New coach in 8 months will be not able to do much impact.  
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited January 2017
    after giving him so much time and resources, don't really see this as a great decision. What happened to those 14-0 wins!
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited January 2017
    is this purely because of the results? or something brewing within AIFF?
    Please don't tell me Lee Johnson might get this job now
    Ronnydeepakcmunna219777karenesudhakar2050
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This is what I want to know as well. I mean, surely the AIFF would know that it is not only about results at this level. And even if we lost a lot of matches in Russia, it wasn't as if we were blown away every game. We started horribly against Russia but with them being an age level above us, at home, better coaching for a longer period of time, and in conditions India were not used to. We went on to defeat Belarus and narrowly lost to sides like Estonia and Iran. We had even narrower defeats in the BRICS Cup, only losing 1-0 to Russia, China, and South Africa.

And watching these boys, I don't give a fuck what you guys say, this is a better side than the past ones and I believe some of them can make it further than any other Indian in the future IF they are nurtured well after the tournament.
    munna219777RonnyThe real AGarunskumarCarbon_14Deb_Bankartik91souravindiagopiajeesh
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Ok reality check time...

Absolutely STUPID timing of such a decision by AIFF, but this is not just results based reaction.

Nicolai Adams had this coming due tonhis antics.

For all his claims of " building " a team....he has used a significantly small sample of players.

He has wasted the concept of a B team and not given a fair opportunity to enough players. 

The excuses of playing U-18 teams recently has not helped. FOR ONCE , AIFF have donw some due diligence and checked his claims....
    Teams like Iran had a couple of U14 boys who had taken part against India in the the Tjikistan U14 festival earlier in the year. 

No one at AIFF was expecting him to win games at the World Cup or win games at AFC or BRICS etc.
    But his job of developing as many player's as possibel has been wholly inadequate.

He has resorted ro publicly blaming his player's and his use of very very few player's  ( sticks with the same starters ) is not what developmental coaching is about.

His atttitude towards Indian staff is 10 times worse than the likes of Ashley Westwood or Stephen Constantine !!

Given how much money has been allocated to him , he has not made the best use of the resources .

All this said and done... I still think the timing & manner are very very badly judged. BUT its Praful and Kushal ....what did we expect. 
    munna219777The real AGmohammed_87hassangoalkeeparCarbon_14kartik91archakashindiarudradeepakc
  • RonnyRonny 10479 Points
    Sack Abhishek adav as well..how many players have been found through his overseas scouting??
    munna219777Carbon_14gaffertapePrakashKashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    That was a foolish idea to begin with. Overseas yet Indian Citizen-barring Gulf countries, not much luck finding Indian citizen kids in Europe and USA.
    Regarding small sample of players, AIFF should also shoulder responsibility as  they did not run different academies.
    What is the future now after U-17 World Cup?
    Carbon_14gaffertapeDeb_Ban
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    From what I've learnt, the sacking of Adam is purely on basis of results.The AIFF is spending huge money and wanted good results, but results have been unsatisfactory. I don't think it's a good decision!Should have happened after AFC U16 Championship.
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    This has got nothing to do with his behavior towards coaching staff.
    gaffertape
  • jitug1979jitug1979 687 Points
    At least whoever the new coach coming should at least look at some players outside North East.... May be can have a relook at erstwhile B team as well... 
    shubham_northeasterngoalkeepar