SAFF Championship 2015 final : India Vs Afghanistan

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    archak only 7? even including the final? 
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    Now that afghans have parted from saff the competitiveness of the tournament would drastically come down. Bhutan and sri Lanka are just for making up numbers, Nepal for all hype would remain eternal shit. Pakistan afaik got their own problems and Bangladesh would be here and there. I guess in future course of time we should be sending our u-21/23 to the tournament.

samiamDeb_Ban
  • samsam 16428 Points

Afghanistan President
    sanvedjadhavmunna219777silicon3
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @sam yup including the final
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Possible ranking 163 I saw in a FB post 
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Great night!!Yes Afghanistan was denied a penalty but really we were the better team.I think we had better chances,better openings.Now player comments:-
    1)Jeje- scored crucial goal but misses too many chances for my liking.
    2)Jairu-I think he will be like Joginder Sharma of football(one tournament plaer except Joginder played an important role.
    3)Holicharan-Was okayish today,not a long term prospect in my opinion.
    4)Robin-Most improved Indian player( his physical presence is needed for few years at least till we get an out and out striker.
    5)Rowlin-Was okay.Nothing too special nor too bad in my opinion.Perhaps is better than Saff level but can't compete in any other region within Asia.eg)will not be a good player against ASEAN,Waff,east Asian countries.
    6)Gurpreet-One or two bad moments but overall was more than decent. Looked Rusty slightly but I hv no doubt that he will be the spine of our defense(Looked the best keeper of the tournament) by some margin to me.
    7)Sunil- Legend.Once again proved his worth.
    8)Zuala-Find of the tournament for me.Excellent,sad Sc didn't play him today( which was a blunder by Sc in my opinion) cause an Inexperienced, nervous overwhelmed, 18 yr old Zuala is better than all the experienced Indian Players.I hv a sneaky feeling this guy is destined for bigger things.I said the same thing about Chhetri(not here but among my friends) and I am saying a similar thing abt this guy.He can be the first Indian player who might play in a prominent club and prominent league on merit and thereby put India on World map.
    Lastly, the find of the tournament in my opinion has been the defence.We haven't found Football defenders we have actually found Rugby players.They think they get points for putting the ball over the net.Thus,We have found Rugby team there.Poor body position for clearences, poor awareness, poor touch are few things to improve.Sandesh is only half decent defender I think we have got across all 4 positions we have got.
    I am of the opinion,since Sc has won us Saff Cup,there is no real pressure on him so he really start to blend in guys like Romeo,Udanta,Brandon, Uttam,Chhangte and other youngsters as I genuinely believe that if these youngsters are played at their current age( which is around 20) so by the time they reach 25 we can be better than ASEAN teams,and can challenge the middle level West Asian team( like Syria,Lebanon etc).Moreover if U-17 World cup turns out to be a success and inflow of quality players coming from different academy,we might be able to challenge top Asian teams in 15-20 yrs.Lets hope for the best.
    shibierarunatuljgBabertosamiamrudrakartik91archakindian_goonersilicon3
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    flat screen LED TV still not there in Afghanistan ??? Even president is watching it in CRT TV ???
    arunsamiamgoalkeeparkartik91
  • I wonder what 'injured' players romeo and mandar must be thinking after watching 'BHAAG JAIRU BHAAG' show throughout the tournament   D
    kuldeep007reddevil87atuljgspartasamiamkartik91deepusilicon3