SAFF Championship 2015 final : India Vs Afghanistan

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Watched till the first half and then some urgent stuff came up so didn't see the second half. Congrats to team India and I hope we see far better performance in the future by the team.
    Robin was missed today and he surely would have made a difference with his physical presence. We lost lots of header due to short heights in the first half and Robin Singh would at least have created chances for Chetri and Jeje.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    They Missed, their Loss. Bikash Jairu showed good work rate. Better then players who do not respect NT and even report to the Camp.
    shibiersanvedjadhavDeb_BanspartaarchakarunRishi96Maddie
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Really miss our spaniard mate @weka .. no updaate from him since very long??
  • NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    edited January 2016
    I agree that Jairu is super unpleasing on the eyes. But he did distribute some killer pin point long balls throughout the tournament. And to add to that, he comes back pretty often to do his defensive duties so that, narayan das didn't get overloaded. 

Jeje did his job. Scored, held up ball well, played with his back to the goal, exactly what you would expect off a par Indian striker.

Holicharan is great when he crossed with his left. Something about that angle or may be because he finds more space with left footed LB's containing him.

Eugeneson, not at his best but he is definitely one of the bests we have. He wasn't as bad as people are making him look like, I am pretty curious what his exact role is. 

Indias backline desperately needs someone with experience, which unfortunately isn't available, unless we go back to mangii.

Overall, great match. Worked according to the plan.

rudramunna219777Deb_Bannamewtheldarunsilicon3
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    Impressed by jeje today. the 38 year old still can play some quality football.
    rudraspartadeepakcnamewtheldarunsamiamsilicon3
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    For me it was more touch and go. Afghans faltering in the final third contributed by our sometimes firm and panicky defending.

Credit is where its due Stephen you have now become first foriegn coach to win thr SAFF. Months of poor performance can now be temporarily be brushed under the carpet by AiFF harping.
    You will deserve all the real plaudits that come your way when u get India into Asian cup sir.. until then lets not rest on our laurels. The night is surely yours. 

Tactics wise i think we gave them too much respect which i didnt agree with constantine's kick it and run after it tactics although worked well to snuff them out till the 65th min to keep it nil nil. Once India got to know we can dominate the defense thats when the combinations and confidence came.

Once u have enough players in the opposition half and the ball in the ground this team has glimpes of showing creativity. Thats the way i like it and thats what brought india back into this match.

Hats off to the boys and staff on the stamina on the pitch.. this is top class stami a
    and thats the difference between the two teams. Am pretty sure the energy shown today in those damn GPS would be among the best in Asia.

player wise its great we won with not having the best players in each position but enough to work with for the future NT team with fresh U-19 players coming up.

Off this team i would keep Narayan das
    Arnab (if he plays within his zone rather than bobbing up and down leaving a gap in defense)
    Augustin as decent backup untill we actually bring a smart CB who is a ball playing one (How i wish mahesh gawli.. Gourmangi from 2007-2010)
    Rowlin (impressed with him, nice range of passing for a defensive mid.. goes dow  too much though, India still searching for its next climax although young prospects have now come at sehnaj, dhanpal, shankar and pranoy)
    LZ43 - Nuff said
    Narzary - only as a winger and only if he crosses well from deep and not shoot)
    Gurpreet (India's no 1 GK is now established )
    Jeje (Great option to have as backup untill we get a new main striker having a wonderful time and has won everything this season which he will never forget.. really happy for him)

Eugenson (kept repeating he is a luxury player.. not much pace and a sideways passer.. if he wants to get success he should really knw to come late to the box and shoot.. something platt made for a living and was the best in that, if not then we search for a better passing midfielder)

atuljgrudrajees_josemunna219777spartakartik91shibierdeepakcnamewtheldarunand 3 others.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Oh yeah now SAFF would be boring for the NT unless we get a couple of really good teams as invites.. else we all are interested in seeing a U-23 team play in this.

Btw i understand the 50k USD winnings but why another 50K USD when money is desparately needed for the lower leagues and domestic competitions.

Else you may wanna hold it as carrot for Stephen to get this team qualified for the continental competition for which we have an outside chance.

End of the day its SAFF boys deserve the win but it isnt like we were not expected to lift it.

And yeah Jairu..WTF pls dont let this guy near a NT camp again.. Courage and running around is great but this team needs quality from now in select positions.

atuljgjees_jose
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    It is only  this year that we are playing too many World Cup Qualifiers. Other wise in our packed Domestic calendar of two leagues, it is difficult to find time for any International matches. Nehru Cup is discarded because IMG-R is not interested. We will be starved of any international tournament. Thats why SAFF Cup is important. Maybe we can invite some guest team like Burma every year. Whenever we play Friendlies on FIFA dates, it is against sissy teams only like Nepal, Bangladesh. We should not underestimate SAFF Tournament.
    gaffertapeDeb_Banarun
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points

Joe Pail Ancheri and VP shaji ( Former Kerala , SBT , FC kochi captain) in the stand
    deepakcDeb_BannamewtheldBrainFallINDIAatuljgarundeepumunna219777silicon3