Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    I dont care which position , so long they are part of the playoffs...
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Makes me wonder that if we had no marquee rule maybe Mumbai could have spent 8 crores on 2 young players from top South American or Scandinavian leagues.. You know not marquee types but good solid players. And 4 crores for 4 months is good money also..
    edited August 2016
    I think marquee is  not included in the 20 cr budget this year...so they have gone for Forlan. Anyways , so far MCFC foreign signings have been impressive. Cant complain. 
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Let's see how much Forlan cares for his team here.. This is why going back to Postiga is sensible for ATK. Good guy off the field. Knows the league. Cares for the team. And honestly if he stays fit I expect him to be a top scorer
    ArsenalFan700deepak dedhakartik91
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Same question is asked in MLS when it comes to whether it is a better idea for say Toronto to spend over $15 million on 3 players and then the rest of the team makes $400,000 each or instead have that $15 million be spread over 10 players overall. You would not be able to bring in a Sebastian Giovinco or Drogba or David Villa but you would be able to bring in a more balanced and better starting XI than before (in theory).

When it comes to teams like Mumbai or Pune though, who kind of need fans, I don't mind this for now but then you have guys like Kerala and Kolkata who can probably bring in a crowd regardless of the marquee.
    red_devilNagendra
    Postiga is too good for ISL...expect him to rack up 10 goals atleast this year. Anything less than that would be depressing. 
    Domnicgoalkeepar
    5 goals in 10 in Portugal's top division? Ya, he will be the ISL version of David Villa.
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Which sensible football playing nation would spend 8 cr equivalent to INR on a spent force - that too for a period of 3 months! 

goalkeeparNagendrasanvedjadhav
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6766 Points
    ;Soccerlover ...

China is spending million dollars...... This is happening in championship (2nd tier in England)... even MLS spending big,...

Can you please provide explanation of Marquee player...

For me... 1st criteria is , he needs to attract fan...mainly for marketing purpose...

of-course, 8 CR is too much for 37 year old player... but marquee players like him will not come for cheap... his preference to ISL is purely monetary....even ISL will benefit by his signing.....on top of it, in last 2 seasons he played in top tier with sufficient number of goals...
    Carbon_14AshishKaul
    What @soccerlover is right on is that no sensible footballing nation has a 3 month league and I don't think any other country would pay 8 crore for one player for a 3 month league but supposedly this is the last season of the 3 month format so lets see.

The marquee player should have different meaning based on the team. Kerala Blasters for example don't need a marquee player that can attract fans and be for marketing purposes. They can overspend on a top twenty something from Argentina that no one has heard of and it would make no difference in their attendance but his contribution on the pitch would be invaluable.

Then you have guys like FC Pune City or Mumbai City and Delhi Dynamos where marketing purposes will be needed to be considered when deciding a marquee but its no use if that guy is useless.
    Nagendrared_devilAshishKaul