Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Pune FC and fans...LOL
    atuljgBrainFallINDIAAshishKaulamirsid123mohammed_87hassansanvedjadhavNoddykartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    were is that orange army
    Noddy
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7386 Points
    Hit the Bat Signal.
    munna219777ArsenalFan700The real AG
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @BrainFallINDIA I got it.

PUNE HAS NO REAL FANS!
    NoddyDeb_BanCarbon_14
  • "Orange army has disbanded after their chief coordinator left the city
    the orange army mostly comprised of North Easterns, Goans and few Delhite students "

coming from a guy who had blabbered "Forlan worst player on the pitch /Pune FC Academy have shut down" :D :D
    never seen someone so intent on having some WTF comment badge lol..

request to admins- please add "chutiya comment" reaction as well , will be immensely helpful 

• NoddyNoddy Pune30 Points
    How come people with zero knowledge about the subject come and blabber here!
    Sir, Orange Army never had a 'chief-co-ordinator' it has been always run by a team.
    shubham_northeasternamirsid123TNAmarkFromIndiared_devilkartik91mohammed_87hassanCarbon_14atuljg
  • NoddyNoddy Pune30 Points
    FYI, I am one of them !
    So you hearing this from horses mouth!
    shubham_northeasternamirsid123
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points

Netting a FIFA World Cup-winning goal is the pinnacle for the biggest strikers in interntional football. Uruguay’s best showing was fourth position at 2010 World Cup when Diego Forlan was upfront prowling around the goalmouth. The ace forward did the best he could,winning the FIFA Golden Boot even though his national side was fourth.

A volleyed goal by the 37-year-old for Uruguay against Germany was named ‘Best Goal’ by FIFA in that event. Two-time Golden Shoe winner

(Valencia and Athletico Madrid) for goals scored in European football, Forlan will take a bow in theHero Indian Super League 2016 for the first time for Mumbai City FC as marquee player. Armed with a reputation forged in some of the world’s toughest leagues (Atletico Madrid in La Liga, Inter Milan in Serie A, Manchester United in EPL).

The Uruguayan was in a pro in the J-League 2014 for Japanese team Cerezo Osaka when he saw ISL on television, liked what he saw. Two seasons later, he is competing after a move from Uruguay club Penarol.

The Excerpts:

Name the goalkeeper you respect the most and why? Name the topthree goals in your career (for club or country)

Iker Casillas is a goalkeeper I respect a lot. He is great, played at the highest level for many years and still is performing. My best three goals are (for Uruguay in 2002 World Cup against Senegal, against Germany in 2010 World Cup for the 3rd place) and (for Manchester United against Glasgow Rangers in the Champions League).

You mentioned about watching the ISL matches on TV in Japan, playing for Cerezo Osaka in the J-League (2015). Is the money offered by ISL teams attractive enough to interest J-League players in future?

Of course, the offer is an important part. It is also important to know if the league is going to be longer. If it’s a longer league, it’s certainly going to interest me and a lot of other players. However, if the ISL is going to run for 5-6 months or more, I would suggest the organisers to figure out an alternative housing solution. Living in a hotel for 5-6 months will not be ideal.

Japan and South Korea qualify for FIFA World Cup on a regular basis, but players from these two nations are not seen in ISL so far. Do you think a longer duration competition will be attractive for them?

Like I said, there are two key factors - the duration of the tournament and an alternate plan for players’ housing. A longer league will be an attractive prospect not just for Japanese and South Koreans and but for most pro footballers across the world.

The 2002 World Cup saw you and Mumbai City FC head coach Alexandre Guimaraes taking part (you as a player making WC debut and him as Costa Rica national team coach). Any memorable moments from WC 2002?

The goal I scored against Senegal. We were trailing 0-3 and then came back 3-3. We almost won at the last minute, but did not score and so did not qualify for next round.

2010 World Cup in South Africa saw spectacular goals by you for the national team. The volleyed goal against Germany was rated the ‘Best Goal’ of that World Cup. Can you describe how the goal happened?

It was quick. A move on the right side involving Arevalo Rios (later Uruguay captain) and Luis Suarez (currently with FC Barcelona). Arevalo saw me outside of the box and crossed. The ball was coming high so I tried to hit it as well as I could.

You excelled as a pro for clubs in Spain (Atletico Madrid), Italy (Inter Milan), England (Manchester United), Brazil (Internacional) and made an impact in each football playing nation. Germany, against whom you struck a wonder goal, is missing in your CV. Any reason for giving the Bundesliga a miss?

It wasn’t that I rejected the Bundesliga. Had there been an offer, I would have considered it, but there wasn’t any.

When you are wearing the Uruguay jersey and walking out to play on the football pitch, what changes happens inside (emotionally)? Is your mindset different from a must-win club game for Atletico Madrid for example?

Yes it changes. It’s different, you play for your country, your family, friends, people that you know, so it’s totally different.

Luis Suarez, another quality striker from Uruguay, is a fighter always looking to dominate defenders and score. How can a coach bring out the best in such competitive characters?

I don’t know, I’m not a coach at the moment, but am studying to

become one. In the future, if I’m a coach, I can answer that question.

amirsid123
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    MUMBAI, OCTOBER 4:  

Backed by a healthy viewership, brands associating with the third season of Indian Super League football championship are set to reap benefits as the third season of format kicks in.

While the first season of ISL had seen sponsors pump in ₹55 crore, the second season saw a close to ₹100 crore through sponsorship. Industry watchers says that since the current season is being held during the festival period, more sponsors may back the tournament to create a high impact visibility.

Industry sources expect the number to touch close to 25 this year compared to 17 last season.

Besides title sponsors Hero, several brands such as DHL, Muthoot, Amul and Maruti have continued their association. Hero already has rights for the title sponsorship as they had availed it for a three-year period.

Star and IMG-Reliance together market the ISL. Industry sources said that while the title sponsor spends anywhere between ₹18-20 crore, the associate sponsors put in about ₹6-8 crore. Others like shirt sponsorship stands at ₹3-5 crore while kit sponsorship stands at ₹6 crore.

“Last year, we got high brand recall in television, social media and also digital medium. We are expecting 20 per cent increase in brand recall in the third season,” RS Subramanian, SVP & Country Manager, DHL Express, India told Business Line.

DHL is the associate sponsor for the third season which started from October 1. The eleven-week football league, scheduled from 1 October to 18 December 2016, features Indian and international players in eight teams playing 61 matches in eight cities across the country.

TVS Tyres, which is the title sponsor Chennaiyin FC team too expects a rocking season.

P Vijayaraghavan, Director, TVS Srichakra Ltd. said, “This partnership is an exciting platform to reach out to our customers and we are confident of elevating our brand recall to a much larger audience and feel that it will add value to our brand and business.”

The Muthoot Group announces association with the league for the third consecutive year.

To commemorate the League, The Muthoot Group is also producing attractive limited edition HISL gold coins.

As per available data, best teams notched sponsorships deals between ₹15-20 crore. Sources indicate that Atletico de Kolkata has bagged sponsorship worth ₹14 crore while FC Goa bagged close to ₹6 crore.

shubham_northeasternkartik91Carbon_14Domnic