Indian Football Transfer News 2016-17, Rumours, Gossips, Signings, ISL 2016

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    Last year Riise didn't do so bad with DD, but he as a marquee for CFC this time is horrible. With coming years ISL must have better players. Don't be like Kolkata clubs while searching for foreigners. 
  • samsam 16428 Points
    ABP reports Forlan will get 25% of ATK's total spending 
    Domnicdeepakc
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I talked to someone who is involved with NorthEast United's media department who denies that Farias was just "acting".

Also agree with @sam but nothing will happen until ISL becomes longer.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    The longer the ISL gets, the quality of foreign players will further reduce. Atleast at present they are coming, as it is just for 3 months and they can leave in the Jan window.
    Deb_BangaffertapeAshleshmunna219777Baberto
    Yes, because it will be impossible to actually convince these players to stay for at least one full season. Maybe for certain players it will be more difficult, like ones in Europe, but what about guys who play in Africa, South America, North America, and Asia? We have seen some of the salaries you can get in the ISL and I-League and they are for the most part better than what you can get in these continents unless you are a big time player.

Look at SouthEast Asia, leagues like Thailand manage to sign and keep players for full seasons. Dani Guiza was the top scorer in La Liga less than ten years ago and still played full seasons in Malaysia and Paraguay. We used to see rumors of Ariel Ortega to Dempo, guys from League One or Two come to the I-League, as well as decent internationals come here.

And if the ISL lowers the foreigners limit a bit, that would leave more money for these guys and again, it should not be hard at all to sign some quality guys and keep them long term.

Just another example of wanting to see the ISL fail.
    BrainFallINDIAred_devilkartik91
    Dont get carried away by the crowds the initial 2 seasons got. Remember the initial NFL days. I wonder if you even followed Indian football at that time. There were huge crowds. 

A longer ISL that follows AFC criteria will follow the same model and die out eventually. The ISL has to remain a 3 month tournament to survive. 
    deepakcgaffertapeAshleshmunna219777BabertoSoccerlover
    Ya, I was less than 10 when the NFL was about to fold so what do you think?

I am just going to pencil you in as the typical ISL hater.

The ISL today is a lot better than what the NFL was back then.
    deepakcred_devilSoccerlover[Deleted User]
    edited July 2016
    Haha. Fuck off. I actually enjoy the ISL. 
    coolgagan
    edited July 2016
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Arsenal do you know  in one of nfl season has  profit of 4 crore. I can challenge you at least 50% of isl franchise will never get profits. My prediction atleast 5 franchise  owners will sell their 60% stake within 6 years
    gaffertapemunna219777Soccerlover