AIFF International Youth Cup 2016

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    Getting kids a year back and making em play against countries like US who have a soccer culture imbibed from kids is a huge task. Am actually happy we get to play against these countries, If we are even among the top 7 U-17 teams in Asia thats a huge boost. Damn should have won the game against Malaysia.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Now that the dust has settled on the "merger"/ road map 
    I will try to link the " pessimism " to what some of us alluded to aboutique the problem .... especially in regards to youth...which after all this is the key focus area ...or should be.

The AIFF have spent crores on this U17 team...more than on the National team

Nicolai Adam gets more than Stephen Constantine  ( which I don't mind )
    The team has had more exposure trips than any Indian team ever. And better facilities etc etc.

And arguably ....rightly so...as we are hosting a U17 World Cup for the 1st time ever

There was even a U15 league started with this in mind. 

BUT what happens after the 2017 world cup.

Have we put systems in place for that ?
    Has the road map addressed the need for local / regional leagues for youth.
    Have ISL teams done anything in 3 years apart from Grassroots photo ops.

Once the new league format starts there will be very little going towards U15 and below. 

Whereas other countries that are competing here like Malaysia , Korea and USA already have a system in place for their next teams.

For us...the test should be ....is the 2019 U17 batch significantly better than this batch...only then are we on the right path.... results of this team are irrelevant to me.

karenesudhakar2050reddevil87souravindiaashindiamunna219777shankarBabertokartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Arent we planning to bid U-20 world cup too? Is that a possibility even now? Surely some of these kids will stick towards working on that.

I like the current U-15 league, Gives opportunities for new geographies to participate. 

What next would have to be a U-18 league with invitations from all clubs. Thats not part of the Restructure? that needs to be addressed.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    By 2019, whatever weird batch made by IMG-Reliance will be "ready"
    munna219777
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I agree with gaffer. It has been AIFF approach for decades that we should study when only there is a test. Why?
    The lack of clear roadmap with respect to youth development is shameful. One of the key need of the hour is to have a proper youth structure so that pipeline for future is not closed.
    Reality wise we cant keep on hosting world cup and asia cups year after year just to have a pipeline for future. The youth structure should be independent of the preparation of world cup or asia cup at any age group.
    ArsenalFan700deepakcDeb_BansanvedjadhavBrainFallINDIAsouravindiaashindiamunna219777kartik91
  • FahuFahu 207 Points
    these players are good for the WC,but only thing the coach has to teach them properly. all these days he thought them to run with ball nothing else.Hope AIFF wiil have a feedback after this tournament
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9950 Points
    I wouldn't criticize the kids. They are an assorted group put together from the vast expanse of this country within a short time, in absence of a youth system. Had a proper system were in place, 80% of this lot probably wouldn't be in this team.

I wouldn't criticize the coach as well. On the other hand, it is really, really praiseworthy how he made a respectable army from whatever he could find (single-handedly). If he could work out of a system, I'm sure we would have a team which would fight in equal terms in the world stage.

All blames should be directed to you-know-who.
    ArsenalFan700sanvedjadhavBrainFallINDIAsouravindiadeepakcmunna219777reddevil87
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6450 Points
    ;gaffertape..

considering the amount of exposure current U 17 team getting....  Hope atleast half of them around 10 will play in top division ( India or Foreign clubs ) and if atleast 5 of them are drafted into national senior team.. then it is an achievement...

and regarding 2019 U17 batch... it is too much to expect them to be better than current U 17 batch...
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    More money that has been spent on these than the national team is already showing results.

I havent seen any batch ( national team age group or senior for that matter) that are technically better than them. 

USA team is playing matches every week against professional teams as the usa coach said in his interview.

I agree with gaffertape that this dedication shown towards this batch by AIFF should forever remain consistent and also seep down to u-11,u-13 levels as well
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points

agree with everyone here. we need proper youth leagues. Not only that with very less effort and financial constraint, AIFF can even think of starting Proper School leagues in football know regions like Kolkata, Goa, Pune, Bombay, Chennai, Hyderebad, Guwahati..All these places can be trapped with proper school leagues at lower age levels like U-10, U-12, U-14. Create a database of these kids going forward to proper youth leagues (eliminates to a large extent age fraud),

Youth league should start with U-16, U-18/19. This system is absolute necessity in today's football environment and culture and we cannot lag behind. Whatever system it is, conference across 4 regions or local youth programs with final tournament to reduce cost. It is absolute necessity

deepakcgaffertape