AIFF International Youth Cup 2016

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Pretty spot on there. The American players have been playing organized football since they were at least 6-7 years old and they are also the first batch to be coached in the new updated US coaching regiment since Jurgen had taken over as technical director.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    And all this is just because we don't have system in place 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    That is a red for me.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    And other thing is there is no benefit to a team even after you test a player through different exposures until you got replacement  ,  it might help the player in future but team doesn't benefit from this if player doesn't improve 
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    No 24 on left wing back looks better than 20. He was closing in much better.
  • sanvedjadhavsanvedjadhav 1096 Points
    edited May 2016
    We were lacking tactically a lot, individually some of them were great though
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Among all the negatives, I must say this batch has the promise compared to last few batches. Physically, they are matching to the world cup level. But it is clear the level of football is still very far from the level required for world cup. 
    Secondly, many of the players have to improve a lot. Especially in the defense, players lack awareness and anticipation of an attack to try and block it. Many a time they just focus on the ball and just forget about the off-ball movement of the opponent.

Looking at the results, I still have the hope that some player might turn to be good players. Might be better than what India has seen before.
    Fahusouravindia
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Good luck beatings brazil and Argentina with this lot
    BrainFallINDIA
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Guys who have been together are expected to be fit....an indian coach could have achieved that...where is the technical understanding after all that overhyped foreign trips....using this as an eg to demonstrate the diff bw reality and a consultant's self promotion
    BrainFallINDIARonnynamewtheldsanvedjadhav
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited May 2016
    You are aware that we are playing against USA, one of the finer youth teams in the world? Pessimism is such a thing, it encompasses everything and leaves you very very sad. Why do I see same set of people unhappy with everything, can you guess?
    sanvedjadhavred_devil