AIFF International Youth Cup 2016

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points

However, 1 thing I can confess. Even though India lost by a big margin, its not that they surrendered totally to USA. Infact these kids are way better than their predecessors in terms of fitness, technical ability. Tactical knowledge increases with every mistake and every match and hence from now onwards, we should play such teams on regular basis till world cup.  I for one will judge and assess them during the final rounds of qualifiers. Hope to see much better performance there.

We do understand it is not possible to implement youth league and structure immediately before world cup, but AIFF should start thinking on it going forward.

Deb_Banreddevil87
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Would the AIFF have to work with another organization to make regional school leagues work?

yes I guess collaboration is important for any successful attempt and all stakeholders (read state Associations) should actively participate. AIFF nowadays work adhoc, deciding to be lone flag bearer and faltering in most of its attempts, rather than unite and take into its fold existing infrastructure, helping hand.

But a very good attempt can be given in this regard. Not only state associations but even local sponsors and authorities might help a long way.

You know I come from a small town called Asansol (one of the few industrial areas in West Bengal), and even there we already have very good school football tournaments where not only from Asansol but from outside like Kolkata, Siliguri teams come to participate. My school's one of them. And if you see the infrastructure these schools already have, you will be surprised. Truth is we never take advantage of these and its because people who are at the helm do not even have an iota of understanding or probably never have seen this culture. They make us look like we have nothing and all needs to be started afresh. Absolute nonsense.

If we can take advantage of these, with very less effort, we can bring up a very good structure. But who cares about culture and history anyway. Those are old stuff for oldies like us.

Deb_BanArsenalFan700reddevil87kartik91
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    St Vincent, St Patrick and other schools in Asansol have fantastic infra. As a railway town, Asansol used to have a sizeable Anglo-Indian community who lent a very good sporting culture (they have shifted to OZ since and some of them got into OZ national teams of various sports).

My school in Burdwan had a fantastic football ground (famous for its drainage system), several training pitches and Basketball courts and a swimming pool plus enthusiastic games teachers. On matchday with our rival school (they also had good infra), a derby like atmosphere used to prevail in the town.

These days, all look like wasteland. Kids have to reject the fields to run fast in the rat race that is called their carrier. The staff practically evaporated.
    souravindiamunna219777thebeautifulgame

@Deb_Ban spot on. Excellent infrastructure at Vincent and Patricks. We have proper football team, proper kits, games teacher  and excellent atmosphere.

But we never leverage them. Not only the schools, we have a Railway stadium called Loco Ground(could be revamped further), a Burnstandard huge stadium created by IISCO and numerous fields where football used to be played almost like religion. Unfortunately all stags behind because we do not want to associate or collaborate or do some analysis or do some homework.

I can understand it is not possible for AIFF to know all these details but certainly collaborating would certainly help in unleashing a lot of these territories.

Deb_Bandeepakcthebeautifulgame
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    School Sports, University Sports in India is almost dead nowadays. Not only in Football, but literally in every sport. Even in the schools where there are proper Grounds, it is just wasted. Just having a Physical Education Teacher by school means nothing as far as Sporting Culture is concerned.
    thebeautifulgameDeb_Bandeepakcsamiam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    This is actually really interesting, could we make a thread for a topic like this?
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Ever heard about Mayo College, Ajmer. That school has one crazy infrastructure not only related to Football but other sports as well. Sadly, little people are interested in football in Rajasthan.
    souravindiadeepakcsamiammunna219777sparta
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i say we need  proper path for the players,they should venture out if india  find playing time,i  keep on harping but these players will get some good visibility due to world cup and they should cash out ,be aggressive contact foreign clubs,coaches,colleges and get playing time.
    Nothing can replace playing time
    @ArsenalFanhis700, I think it is a good idea. Members in this forum are spread across length and breadth of the country. Would be wonderful to know all the schools which has infrastructure and can be leveraged by any of the clubs, franchise, state associations or AIFF. This might help in creating a good database and I believe officials too visit this forum
    deepakc