Food : what you are eating

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    Archak... Bawarchi biryani , RTC X roads is famous 
    munna219777
    There are mutiple small restaurants in old city , Secunderabad, Punjagutta ,Ameerpet & kukatpally areas
    munna219777
    To name a few , sri kanya ( Punjagutta/Ameerpet) , meghana ( Ameerpet/SR nagar ) , .. Above two are To go ( parcel) ,,, one restaurant near to paradise, Secunderabad also good... Another one near to maitri bhavan, Ameerpet.. Surya restaurant I guess
    munna219777
    Lot of people say paradise biryani is good.. But I don't prefer 
    munna219777
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I have had birayani in Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Delhi and Moradabad. And I can say without a doubt that Kolkata birayani is head & shoulders above the rest. Absolutely no match. Hyderabad birayani comes closest. In Mumbai, that ugly thing should not even be called birayani. It can be more appropriately called Masala Rice.

Archak you should also try Haleem in Hyd. I am not sure if you find it at this time as it is a Ramzan special. And go slow with it, it's heavenly.
    munna219777karenesudhakar2050reddevil87
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @namewtheld ; That was the first thing I tried after landing in here. Then, had a second go at it on Ramzan.   

@Nagendra bro I stay near the clock tower in Secunderabad.... The directions to each of them would be nice
    karenesudhakar2050Nagendra
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    @thebeautifulgame, don't salivate; I couldn't make out. Must have been a slice of Rui (rohu) or Katla of Andhra variety.

But never mind, today being an off-day, I will ransack the local market for a prize Hilsa.
    footydip
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Speaking of varieties of biryanis, I agree that Kolkata variety is the best. I used to stay in Delhi during my student life and therefore had tasted that famous Moghul biryani at every nook and corner (including the famous Moti Mahal at Chandni Chowk). That is of a slightly varied taste. If we must compare, Delhi type is more true to the original recipe, while the Kolkata type is more spicy (but just about the right degree). This, in fact, is true for the Chinese dishes of Kolkata and other authentic places.

One lifelong regret that will stay with me is not to have tasted the Avadhi Biryani while at Lucknow. Couldn't help as I spent just a day confined mostly in the hotel. And you do not get the chance to go there often. The regret is more as it is said that the Kolkata style of cooking biryani is derived from the Avadhi style. So I missed the chance to taste the 'real' original.
    munna219777deepakcsparta
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited July 2016
    Kolkata Biryani was derived from Awadhi style when Lucknow Nawab Wajid Ali Shah was exiled to Metiabruz Area in Calcutta (1856) and he created a second Lucknow there.
    http://indianexpress.com/article/lifestyle/food-wine/what-connection-does-an-exiled-lucknow-nawab-have-with-the-kolkata-biryani/

It is my personal opinion but Lucknow style is more like Pulao then Biryani. Kolkata Biryani has potatoes in it!!!
    Hyderabad Biryani is much closer to authentic Iranian style of Biryani.

Hyderabadi biryani nae khaye toh phir kya khaaye yaaron!

reddevil87
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Archak  go to rtc cross road Bawarchi at lunch time .you will find very good mutton or chicken  biryani & try tangdi  kabeb it is very good  .  & if you go to dinner time biryani will be  very oily  :'(
    munna219777namewtheldarchakreddevil87