BFC vs EB vs MB

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    I think when ppl say BFC barely managed to fill the stadium on the title winning match have to also note that an RCB game was also on going. 

Facing the facts that when IPL is ongoing BFC does make it second choice.

I also feel its irrelavent to find a leader of a group is paid by the club. Paying crucial.fans who can influence the crowd and create an ambience is hardly new all over europe. Infact its a profession.

These core fans are in the payroll of the club and act as fan club members.
    Carbon_14
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    10K well behaved and vociforous crowd is always better than 80k sitting silent and watching hoofball.
    Deb_Ban
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    I don't know much about fan base and all. But BFC made north upper stand free last season. Previous year they used to charge 50 bucks for same ticket. 
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    @DX     Well said mate!
    Still not convinced about paid fans, and you guys shld understand the chinnaswamy stadium is 100 mtrs down the road from the Kanteerva and the IPL game time and BFC games times are similar and getting 10k fans to the stadium, is not bad...Our 10k fans, shouting, screaming their hearts out is an intimidating atmosphere for any club and players from almost every club have already stated that. FACT!
    Even the NT and constantine want to pay at kanteerva because of the fans . FACT!
    If the WBB were paid for BFC games, why would they want to chant for the NT? I have met these people and been in their groups and these people love thheir football and were yearning for a club to support. FACT!
    Lastly, if it was superficial support, The WBB have no business bantering (mind my grammar) online ! If they were just paid to fill kanteerva, they'd have no business loving the club IN and OUT of the stadium.. It is also a COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY thing. and the WBB raise money by going to  coleges in the city and organising Fund-rasising drives . FACT!

P.S Our connect with the city is growing and if we join the ISL, it would grow even more...
    Watch out for the next generation of fans, you will be shocked to see their passion! 
    Walk into any school (except the money eating intl. schools") in BLR and ask them what theirr favourite club is . 90% of them will say BFC with PRIDE!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    WBB aren't paid...only Waseem is... 

10K fans per match.... nice joke...
    More like 7 last season...

The truth is ...4pm games times on weekends at old stadium was better than 7pm game times.

Constantine wanting to play in Bangalore is a no brainer..
    AIFF tell him to !
    BFC pay all the organisation costs of those games in lieu of their 3Crore annual direct entry fee..

And I think you need to spend more time in School..as you seem to think 1Km equals 100metres.

Not to sound too pedantic but half the season was over before IPL clashes..
    And having spoken to guys who did some market research  ( for sponsors) almost 75% of people polled didn't know Bangalore has a football team !!
    Sadly more people know about ISL than I-League 
    DXArsenalFan700Carbon_14munna219777reddevil87BrainFallINDIA
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Gaffer is right. Its a given why parth is wanting games in Bengaluru for the sake of avoiding Corporate fees (Franchise fees of soon to be erstwhile I-league).

10-12k that you is about having 7-8K core supporters of which the know it all bunch of WBB makes up the majority.

But the fact still remains, Bengaluru majority wants to be part of ISL.

But yeah 12k on the final day was disruptes due to the RCB game going on and i was there to see crowds thronging Chinaswamy than the Kanteerava.
    atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    It ain't 10,000, anyone who is not blind can see that, but 7,000 is not bad for a team that was only started in 2013 and has been living under the shadow of ISL since they started. I have spoken to many people, mainly friends and people on reddit, from Bangalore and they said they know about Bengaluru FC/I-League but rather wait until ISL to support.

It is a stupid mentality but it is what it is.
    gaffertape
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    1) It is not that everybody in the stadium is BFC Fan. When BFC plays against Calcutta clubs or North East teams, their fans also add up the number of spectators in the stadium.
    2) Few matches increase the average. Like the I-league finale 2 seasons back against Mohun Bagan. 23000 spectators in that one match will increase the overall average of I-League attendance even though rest of the matches barely averaged 5000 or so.
    3) It is true that 7 PM kickoff has reduced the crowd as compared to afternoon kickoff in that half broken stadium. Local fans can tell us that why this happened?
    4) Ozone Group is a Builder right? They are very active on Football Front. But so far they have not done even one inch of any construction in that Bangalore Football Stadium? Builders become Footballers?
    Deb_Ban
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited July 2016
    They do increase crowds against Lajong and the Kolkata clubs but they do average 6,000-7,000.

They post the attendance towards the end of their matches.
  • BFC_Johnson_fanBFC_Johnson_fan Left the Forum368 Points
    What about if BFC joins the ISL,, don't you think the support will increase manifold??
    Right now , the fans you see in the stadium are the 18-28 yr old techies, IT professionals working in the city and few kids like me.....But with ISL and all its glitz and glamour, the locals also will be involved ......

PS. Someone posted on this thread that kanteeerva won't be the venue for ISL games...Why??