India at Tokyo 2020: A Roadmap

Comments

• BadBad 5146 Points
    Darko said:
    The umpring in the match was so much biased against us. Do we not have any clout in hockey?
    Surely, 4th quarter specially. Manpreet's yellow card was a clear tackle. We can't afford to lose our referral hastily.
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    shibier said:
    @Bad how good are the chances for us in wrestling this time ?
    In my opinion,

Vinesh(best bet, main contender Japan and China) followed by Ravi(dark horse for a bigger medal, my bet is on him to win a medal atleast) followed by Bajrang(exceptionally talented but 65kg is a loaded category, difficult to win Gold but can win a medal) followed by Deepak( will do well to win a medal, Iranian bullied him though, Other's are beatable though, should be satisfied if he wins a medal).

Anshu and Sonam Malik very young( promising for sure , can cause few surprises). Not a realistic medal contender, but Shouldn't write them off.

Seema Bisla is weakest of all in my opinion. No hopes from my side at all.
    Darko
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    This is a dream come true! Waiting to see the hockey team in semis since the last 25+ years. Even if they don't win a medal they have made us more than proud. We went in with an inexperienced forward line a d yet we have 5 wins. They have been consistent in the pro league also, I think big credit goes to our coach too
    munna219777DarkoashindiathebeautifulgameBadspartadeepusouravindiagiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30177 Points
    Wow, Sreejesh!!

PR Sreejesh's double-save

ashindiaNagendraDarkomunna219777deepu
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6760 Points
    Expecting medal in Men's shot put is over-expectation.
    At max Tajinder will finish in top 5 or 6.  Shot put field has 4 athletes who can throw more than 22 meters and 2 athletes has career best above Tajinder and everyone is in fine form. 

We have outside chance of winning medal in Women's Discuss throw. American who topped qualification has personal best more than 70 m and 2 time Gold medalist from Croatia has a personal best of more than 72m.
    Even Yaime Perez (Cuba), World Championship Gold medalist has a personal best 69.39 m. One best throw from  each of them(all 3) would be tough for Kamalpreet. But she has chance if either of them have an off-day or if she can throw her best effort (66.59 m) . My expectation (best possible) is Bronze medal. 

Similar in Men's Javelin throw, we have outside chance of winning medal. If Neeraj Chopra can throw his best (88.07), he will definitely win a medal. Though field is over-loaded with players who can throw more or around 90m, but only 2 of them are consistently doing that German (Johannes Vetter) & T & T (Keshorn Walcott). Even the Kenyan & Taipei athlete are not in top form. But he might face competition from Marcin Krukowski (Poland) for a bronze medal
    Darkomunna219777Carbon_14ashindiaspartadeepuPassikartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6760 Points
    Though he is good and one of my favorite, I used to think Sreejesh is blocking young goalkeepers.  But I'm wrong. My respect towards him doubled. He is exceptional in whole tournament. Expecting him to be his best in next 2 games as well. If S.F match goes to tie-breaker, I'm pretty much sure, we will win the match.
    Darkomunna219777atuljg
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    In India Hockey at Olympics is not just a sport 
    It is Emotion 
    TV Commentators could not control their tears of joy

ashindiadeepuDarkoPassiatuljggiridharankartik91
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Ronny said:
    This is a dream come true! Waiting to see the hockey team in semis since the last 25+ years. Even if they don't win a medal they have made us more than proud. We went in with an inexperienced forward line a d yet we have 5 wins. They have been consistent in the pro league also, I think big credit goes to our coach too
    Bro,We are short of medals. We need a medal and we will get one.
    ashindiadeepu
  • BadBad 5146 Points
    Men's Shotput- (1-2 percent chance,no chance)
    Women's Discuss-(25-30 percent chance,outside chance)
    Men's Javelin-(Qualifying is important because at times many favourites also fail to qualify like one 70 plus thrower in Women's Discuss failed to qualify).

However, still Neeraj has a 50 percent chance of winning a medal. He is in between(a firm medal contender and an athlete who has an outside chance).

Carbon_14Darko