ISL Week 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• lokeshchandaindialokeshchandaindia lokeshchandaindia1085 Points
    @coolgagan .. Point accepted. Likewise I've had people in Chennai tell me that the gates were thrown open in their last game. Now whom do we all believe?
    munna219777Deb_Ban
  • ok i have some doubts... 
    1. why would gates be open after HT not before HT
    2. do you mean to say ,once gates are open suddenly 5K ppl were waiting & anticipating this would happen entered in stadium to increase attendance(in case capacity above 25k).
    3. if this number is 1-2k what would IMG achieve by showing such thing as if 10k is satisfactory than 9k
    4. Arsenal
    5. If showing stats was only issue IMG would ask all their employees to go n watch match e.g. all reliance store employees which is easy way to jam pack stadiums (DSK had done that and if i was mukesh ambani I would have thought so)
    6. there is no such thing possible in Pune as from parking gate to actual stand distance is like more that half KM so even 1k people waiting outside or came after HT from that long distance sounds ridicules(besides myself had went late to one match didn't observe any such thing as opening gate while there is no other entrance to get inside stadium)
    7. on serious note  don't you think franchise would risk losing genuine fans if such thing was noticed?
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    @coolgagan: Though I have previously disagreed with you on some points, this time your observations have been spot on, especially about the lack of work ethics and unprofessionalism that is plaguing the country...You have made a very good point when you say that the government is inefficient and corrupt but the people with their lackadaisical attitude don't help either...too much verbosity but too little action...also cosmetic changes, as you say, like bullet trains and wifi at stations, without improving the infrastructure, won't count much in the long run...As Amartya Sen has said, "Even a hundred Bangalores and Hyderabads will not, on their own, solve India's tenacious poverty and deep-seated inequality."
    Only a slight objection, you sometimes become too heated in your arguments and tend to use slang language...cool raho, cool rakho...cool is the way to go ;) :)  
    coolgagan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited October 2016
    Good points raised by @shanks_dehighliving ;

How many tickets are actually sold by Bookmyshow?
     What is the difference between stadium attendance and Bookmyshow figure?
    What is the source of entry of those people? VIP Pass? Paid people? Reliance Staff?
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    How can I stay cool when my country is being raped left, right, in and out every fucking second of the day by brown dogs?
    :P Feelings.
    I tend to abuse a lot when I'm pissed off. Kinda makes me feel good when I demean people who are rascals. Will keep it in check.  
  • TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    you guys should go to stadium see for yourself , i can only speak about chennai , in chennai , crowd is low this year compare to last year and i don't know about gate open or closed because i was busy watching match  , and there is no paid reliance peoples in chennai ,
  • TeamChennainTeamChennain chennai174 Points
    @munna21977 i don't believe in paid peoples ,you can easily see the difference between paid peoples and normal fans .I am referring to someone who go to stadium . This year chennaiyin have low crowd may be due to the signings ,

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    Damn that TV! It showed us wrong.

And sack those commentators also.
    Domnicgoalkeepardeepakc
  • To be honest is it really possible or intended to have paid fans into stadiums. Or is it people in Delhi know they can get free entry if they stayed outside still half time. I also heard the commentators say this a lot of times-people are still coming in.