ISL Week 2 Discussion Thread

Comments

• On Stadium Fill NEUFC – no issues - Have loads of sponsors and good fans, do not need much marketing , their fans actually help filling other stadiums too. Mumbai – Have reacted by moving their home ground closer to the city, stadium looks more filled now as the capacity is much lower. Delhi – Most improved, they have changed their logo from a red card challenge to a lion last year ..Delhi people are proud and it suits them, also a focus on female empowerment etc..They are trying hard to entertain fans in the stadium with cheerleaders .Stadium fill still an issue ATK – Good sponsors, but have failed to attract the crowds this time, no major marketing campaign Chennai – Stadium fill is an issue, they are trying their best, the Elano masks was a nice thing to do, Maybe they should announce Rajnikant is coming to watch the match in order to increase the numbers Kerala Blasters – Stadium fill not an issue, the stadium looks nice with yellow all over, the same colors of the team Pune – Trying their best to get people in with entertainment ,etc, but little success FC Goa - Stadium fill not an issue hence they have priced the tickets high ..marketing campaign looks confused 1) The team plays in Blue , but the flags given by the club are orange..no link at all, 2)Since when have gaurs started roaring or did they copy Delhi 2) 3) The players look constipated (http://writeourwin.fcgoa.in/) when trying to ROAR ...maybe GAURS are not meant to Roar
    deepak dedhagoalkeeparCarbon_14
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    So one ISL fanboy supposedly goes for a match in Delhi and confirms all entry points had bar code scanners? How? It's either a lie (likely reason) or he actually went around all entry points (highly doubtful). 
    goalkeeparcoolgagandeepakcgaffertape
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Allowing people after halftime controversy aside, I have gone to matches in 4 different stands in both the seasons for 8 home matches and each time they used bar code scanners on each spectator including me.

And i usually arrive only 10 mins before kickoff and the stadium is usually packed to atleast 15k-18k that i can feel.

Any more people in 1000s coming in late surely wont be paying the full money  maybe  some 30-50% of the ticket cost and let in say 15-20 mins after kickoff.

But is it even worth it to come after 20mins into a match?

Majority though pay properly and come.

red_devilCarbon_14
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    If the claim is that people are entering for free after half time as the gates are kept open for all, what will happen in the upcoming matches is that, noone will buy the tickets. Everyone will stand outside the stadium til HT and then in the second half they will say" oh..its half time now, lets enter the stadium , its free now" :D
    ...are people of all these 8 venues are of so cheap mentality that they wont pay for an event and only wait for free passes ?? ..I doubt that. 
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    JLN complex is also having a food festival along with ISL matches. So, most of the entries for ISL matches are restricted to a few gates with gate no. 10 being mostly used. There are a number of other gates too, but bulk of the crowd moved in through gate no. 10 which had long queues. It had bar code scanners. So, I can fairly assume that others also have them.

SOME MATHS FOR YOU: Whenever large data(large number of entry gates) has to be dealt with, sampling is done. Gate no. 10 was a sample for me. Probability of having bar code scanners was 100%. So, mathematically I can calculate that total probability is 100% which is a true event. This is in support to whatever I stated above.
    If only u understood.
  • keeping aside attendance puran , here is how team's are lined up...

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points

This is from the first-half... look at how full that stand is.
    Sameegh Doutie with the goal for Atletico de Kolkata
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29636 Points
    And as usual, Raju Gaikwad lends a helping hand to the opposition by giving away a needless free-kick and then making a poor clearance...the guy is a very consistent character... whether in the CFL or the I-League or the ISL, the opposition can always depend upon him :o
    Great game from Ruidas so far!
    thebeautifulgame