I-League 2016-17

Comments

• dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    where do I find individual team reviews for this season?

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29700 Points
    http://xtratime.in/football/mohun-bagans-i-league-opener-against-churchill-brothers-at-rabindra-sarobar-cancelled/

Mohun Bagan’s I League opener against Churchill Brothers at Rabindra Sarobar cancelled

Match likely to be shifted at Barasat stadium

Mohun Bagan Practice
    Mohun Bagan’s I League opener against Churchill Brothers at Rabindra Sarobar cancelled | Image : XtraTime

Kolkata: Mohun Bagan’s I League opener against Churchill Brothers at Rabindra Sarobar stadium on Sunday was cancelled following a stay order by National Green Tribunal.The Green Tribunal of Kolkata has put a stay order on the I League matches to be played under floodlight at the venue.

With just two days to go for their first I League opener, the Bagan officials are in deep trouble to organize the match. According to I League CEO Sunando Dhar, “Mohun Bagan has informed me about their inability to host the match at Rabindra Sarobar. At the same time they have assured me that the match will be staged at Barasat stadium on the scheduled date. I am confident that the match will take place accordingly.”

The Green and Maroon could have faced a possible deduction of 3 points (along with 3 goals conceded) even without the ball rolling, if they had failed to host their first match. According to I League rules and regulations, if the match is not organized at a particular venue, then the home team will be penalized.

The big question is with such a short time will it be possible for the I League runners to host their match at Barasat stadium as they have showed it as their second home venue.

Noted environment activist Subhash Dutta has moved the National Green Tribunal alleging that the matches to be held at Rabindra Sarobar Stadium could disturb nearby eco-sensitive zone which includes a large lake—home to diverse flora and fauna and protected under the National Plan for Conservation of Aquatic Ecosystems.

Mohun Bagan is scheduled to play all their home matches in I League at Rabindra Sarobar. The Green and Maroon footballers trained at the venue in the morning. The club President Swapan Sadhan Bose was present during the practice with other top officials of the club. Later there was a inspection by the Kolkata Police as well after the practice.

Earlier there was a similar problem with the hosting of Indian Super League (ISL) matches of Atletico de Kolkata. But the NGT observed that the ISL matches could be held on the condition that the organisers limit themselves to playing only the National Anthem and the theme song of the tournament. It also asked the West Bengal pollution control board and the Kolkata Improvement Trust to keep a vigil on any activity during the matches that could disturb the environment.

Signs of unprofessionalism all around!

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29274 Points
    Looks like the birds still have not migrated back.
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29700 Points
    Yes. the birds which can't sleep because of floodlights.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    What is their problem? I-League match will not have Fireworks, loud music. How can they allow ISL but not Mohun Bagan?
    Strings are pulled from Mumbai.
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAdeepakc
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10454 Points
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9970 Points
    Baffles me how ISL razmataz can take place in RS Stadium yet I-league matches (which are way low key affair) cannot.

Subhas Datta must have realized he is sitting on a golden goose.
    munna219777deepakc