XXIX International Granatkin Memorial Football Tournament

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    They can compete physically... anyone in the world can if they are given access to proper facilities and fitness trainers. These NorthEastern players are not given it and thus suffer from lack of proper physical nutrition. Then you also have the age-cheating problem which means that some guys are in their 20s even if listed as 18 or 19 and they are already physically mature... or as mature as they can be.
    Deb_BanThe real AG
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Average Height of countries like Spain, Mexico, Italy, Nigeria, Argentina  is much lesser as compared to Russia, USA, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Netherlands. Still countries with less avarege height have achieved more in Football.
    just height should not be the criteria. By the way, even in NE, we can find players or people with good height.
    Tall person is not a guarantee for a good Footballer.
    Malnutrition is a problem everywhere in India.
    BrainFallINDIAdeepak dedhaArsenalFan700Carbon_14sanvedjadhavDeb_BanThe real AGkuldeep007kartik91Nagendraand 1 other.
  • Sub 0 temperature in Russia is a test in itself for the Indian team there. I can understand the frustration stemming out of 8-0 loss to Russia, but India looks to have been intimidated by the conditions along with physical supremacy of the Russians.

A bit of history: Traditionally I have felt that in the past Indians team have done well which has a good blend of players from around north(Punjab), east(Bengal), West(Goa/Mumbai), NE and south(Hyderabad) regions. probably this mixture helps stabilize Indian team from all aspects with a good blend of physique, technical ability, tactical ability along with strength and stamina. Though I do not have any substantial data to prove so, but would be a good theoretical knowledge in case some one comes across any such statistics. But note, I am not talking about reservation. Its plainly good scouting.

The other main factor is while NE have gained strength , other original football supply locations have dwindled. There's hardly much representation from other regions in almost all ages of Indian team.

goalkeeparBrainFallINDIAdeepak dedhaArsenalFan700thebeautifulgameashindiaspartajitug1979Deb_Banmunna219777and 4 others.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Tajikistan 1-0 Greece
    St Petersburg 2-1 Iran 
    Carbon_14
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    We saw the stats last season, representation from NorthEast India, especially Manipur and Mizoram, has increased a lot.
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    NE players are currently the best available players in any age groups in india.Kids taking up football as a possilble career option have been decreased in all other parts in india except NE..So lets accept the supremacy of that region..So called physical superiority players were from Punjab,kerala..etc..They have vanished long ago.Lets hope more pool  of players comes other states..and that physical balance holds.
    deepak dedhaDeb_Banmunna219777kuldeep007kartik91
  • PrakashKPrakashK ahmedabad388 Points
    i thought this thread was for tournament matches. team is playing much better  today. Can we win?
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    India 0-0 Belarus 28 minutes
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Total Domination by Belarus India hanging on due to good keeping from Mohammed nawaz. I am adam replaced the low visibility keeper with Nawaz.
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    today our 3rd GK is playing.Nawaz is on the bench..its obvious Dheeraj is low on confidence after his injury and probably took his spot for granted..India had the better moves and chances also but could not finish..we have literally no crossing capability and arial threat when we move forward