2016-2017 I-league- Round-12 Last chance saloon for 3 coaches

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Kenkare fc is doing same. They are in second division since 2011 and they are participating every year 

in in terms of Mumbai football they are at least doing something 

gaffertapemunna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Doing charity or growing grass root level is all good but you have to have a team that can compete.

Laughable when an outsider states CCFC represents Chennai than Chennaiyin FC, Why because they paraded a few localites? Spectators dont come to stadium just because locals are playing, Chennai is used to playing and winning with or without homegrown talent.

Fans come in the evening at the weekend to have  wholesome, Safe and ultimately city supporting entertainment. CFC,  CSK offered that hence the crowds, CCFC doesnt offer shit.

Local players here dont need pity or quotas in playing eleven, They need support in training and infrastructure to compete with the best.
    BrainFallINDIAmohammed_87hassanDeb_Banmunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Even Bengaluru Fc don't play locals
    Carbon_14munna219777DXAKB
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9963 Points
    If you equate IPL to have passionate fans in football, go ahead. Have a fun filled evening, might as well go to a show of Rayees or Kaabil. For serious football following, ask MB or EB fans. Maybe NE football fans.

But let us not digress. CCFC's route would have been ok with right foreigners, plus organisation and marketing. And a less bit of self-rightousness. Even with evolving locals. In long term.
    munna219777gaffertape
    @Deb_Ban u probably mentioned BFC's route
    Deb_BanDX
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    A club has not taken the sole contract of promoting Football in a big state like Tamil Nadu and a Metropolis like Chennai. What is State association doing?
    Thanks to CCFC that after so many years (Indian Bank) days, Chennai is back in Indian Football  top league. Rohith Ramesh and team should have looked at clean stadium and better organising structure atleast. They should have played in 2nd Division atleast for 1 year before qualifying for I-League.
    Having said that, they have been competitive. Who would have given them so many points at the start of the League.
    Deb_BanCarbon_14DXsanvedjadhav
    Right. Under no circumstances AIFF should have allowed greenhorns to participate in division I. The current state of the league is more of AIFF 's making than the clubs'.
    munna219777ArsenalFan700Carbon_14archak
    Probably calling Chennaiyin fake and Chennai City real representatives of Tamil Nadu is bullshit

Let me tell u one thing
    In North Madras football is no 1 sport and not cricket
    The area has many slums and is probably less devoloped compared to south Madras
    And my friend working with an Ngo told me children around their include Elano,Mendy,Mendoza along with their names and write/scribble on the walls
    Even during ISL games(Chennaiyin gives them a free entry) u could see these kids arriving in the stadium before the team bus arrives and shouting the players name 

These guys cheered for JEJE when he scored for Mohun Bagan
    And Jayesh Rane was surrounded by atleast 10-15 locals for pictures(the day I clicked a pic with Jamil)
    For them it doesn't matter whether the player is a local or from another state
    It was probably something stupid created by Rohit Ramesh and others just to show CFC in a bad light

Football was back in Chennai the day Chennaiyin arrived 
    They encouraged many to think of football as a profession
    And many come to Ccfc matches wearing Chennaiyin Jerseys

They're are soo many things Chennaiyin does
    Like promoting slum soccer tourneys etc

I agree they lack in many aspects but give them time
    it's really bullshit claiming chennaiyin fc doesn't do anything

Chennai City is a big failure in terms of everything
    People don't even know about their existence
    and they are being termed as messiah of Chennai football

BrainFallINDIAmunna219777ashindiaArsenalFan700samCarbon_14gopiajeeshkarenesudhakar2050DXarchakand 1 other.
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29635 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan at his eloquent (and verbose) best B) :D

mohammed_87hassanmunna219777ashindiagaffertapePrakashK
    Yeah, and he did report from the field.