AFC U-16 Championship 2018

Comments

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2018
    I feel its not that Iran have a bad defense. They were constantly pushing for the goal against India as a result we got chances to score by counter attacks. Vietnam might find it difficult to play against Iran. Iran have better chances to win this match. India's defense along with goalkeeping is good that we have not conceded so far. But our defensive players do make silly mistakes sometimes. We have improved in passing the ball so that we are able to create chances in the final third. This will cause pressure to the Indonesian defense in the next game. If we can convert our chances we have a good chance against Indonesia. We should also be careful because we should not lose our crucial players for the quarter final game given that we have high chances for qualification. 
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Even a second before kick-off we would all have prayed for a draw. Rather we got a dominant play, albeit a draw. Great result. Iran is a regular world cupper and one of the top Asian teams. This team is very competitive.
    If even this team is berated by anyone, I suspect their intentions.
    NagendrafootydipDeb_Banshibierthebeautifulgamesouravindiaarunskumar148jees_josekartik91mohammed_87hassanand 4 others.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29293 Points
    We need to beat Indonesia now to above south korea and we can meet Australia who are beatable
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Why will Australia qualify. It will be Iraq instead. 

We did miss chances but we have a very strong defence. Lets be happy that after almost decades an Indian team is able to draw Iran who are arguably the strongest footballing nation in Asia.
    thebeautifulgamesouravindiaarunskumar148Ronnydeepak dedhakartik91
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1937 Points
    This is almost 2018 world cup group h again. I just hope we don't end up like Senegal.
    [Deleted User]
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    Judging by the highlights..both teams had fair chances to win....Draw seems fair result. Now we wait for 27th! I really hope we go through. This batch has been very good. 
    arunskumar148
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Rohit Dhanu will not able to play in AFC U-16 Championship 2018. He is fit and with the team. But thanks to the management for the disaster planning. 

Feel sad for him as he still to make official India debut. 
    karenesudhakar2050souravindiamohammed_87hassanmunna219777sparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    I have read it somewhere(In the newspaper or somewhere, I can't remember.

It has happened after 33 years that any Indian team(all age groups) has managed to draw against their Iranian Counterparts.

So, it's an amazing achievement and result by our boys. More than the result what was heartening was that it was an even game unlike any of our previous teams including the previous u17 batch.

Our Team has got special Talent and we should be supporting the boys.

Hope for the best because I feel that they create History. 

Fingers crossed though.

munna219777kartik91sparta
  • how is iran media and fans reacting to the match result