AFC U-16 Championship 2018

Comments

• BadBad 5141 Points
    Kudos to the Boys.Really impressive performance to qualify from this group. First time in 16 years. Feeling proud to be an Indian.

Now, the boys should relax for today and focus on the game against S. Korea from tomorrow. They should just enjoy that match and anything is possible.

I am getting a sneaky feeling that we will create History. They shouldn't be overwhelmed by S. Korea. We have the potential to beat S. Korea.

For now, they should enjoy and relax.

I have full confidence in the boys. Let's keep our finger crossed.

ashindiaRonnyjees_joseMikispartaharry55shibierkartik91arunskumar148munna219777
  • arunskumar148arunskumar148 Trivandrum387 Points
    Superb effort from the boys and the management . I think we should credit the aiff and sai also for providing all the exposure.we all thought it would be exclusive for the world cup batch.No they persisted with it and even expanded it to better tournaments .Finally given us this team!Great feeling.Amazing team effort!Will surely terrorise the korean team! I have a feeling we will qualify! And that no.4 is Shabas Ahmed,Gokulam Kerala academy product! Not only him everyone I have seen play for this team have been excellent and that's what makes this team different from all other indian teams!
    shibiergoalkeeparkartik91Ronnysouravindiamunna219777Carbon_14
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    @Ronny Not taking anything away from the team or undermining the hard work they put in preparing for this event. They performed above expectations as Iran, Indonesia were way better than India. Defence was definitely one positive but we also have to see that India scored just one goal in three matches and that too via penalty. I’ll also take a win no matter how it comes but we as fans should also critically evaluate the team’s performance. 

Anyways today is the day to celebrate the fact that India reached QF of this event after 16 years and hope they somehow sneak in a win in next match and qualify for the WC because that would mean good funding from both government and corporates for development of this team.   
    goalkeeparDeb_Bankartik91ashindiaspartamunna219777Carbon_14
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    edited September 2018
    On my way back Home I was thinking that when was the last time an Indian team has not conceded a single goal in finals tourney for 3 consecutive matches ?? And today's match had freaking 12k opponent supporters who were cheering and making noise. To overcome all this you will need to be mentally strong and highly disciplined. Credits to everyone especially GEM of a coach Bibiano !! Respect Sir !! 
    Ronnydreamerkarenesudhakar2050goalkeeparNagendrasouravindiaspartasudheermylankalarunskumar148footydipand 3 others.
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    In the second half we played like a champions even though in the final minutes there were some nervy moments.
  • De mello's dribbling because of which one indonesian player fell down in the 2nd half what a treat to watch that was he can be a future superstar if given enough training and facilities...!!!
    goalkeeparashindiathebeautifulgame
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points

South Korea surely cannot score such goals against our defenders. 
    rathorevarun4 NagendraCarbon_14
  • After watching video it's look like korea wins both matches doesn't mean that are undefeatable they won because there opponents are not that much strong...
    Both videos motivated me that india can beat korea only indian team have to be aware of there midfield and our players should score whenever they get the opportunity...!!!
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6505 Points
    Baring few miss-passes, our defense is rock solid.. so far only India and S.Korea haven't conceded goals in this edition and S.Korea needs to face Iraq in last group match... 

In Q.F, If we score first goal, we will definitely go-thru..

also 1st position in Group D is still open.. we never know.. in junior level .. anything can happen... and Iraq might surprise Korea..

Teams like Japan & S.Korea always score plenty of goals in junior level.. but teams like N.Korea & Uzbekistan are equally successful with solid defense... Let's hope for the best...
  • SnepSnep 277 Points
    I hope Rohit Danu will be back for the QF match..Once he is back counter attack will be very lethal.
    ashindiaRonnygoalkeeparsparta