AFC U-19 Championship 2018

Comments

• RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Well, they should have done whatever was necessary, no excuses.
  • Matos has no strategy at all except trying to keep a formation. His game reading is nonsense. He should have realised in first half nd made appropriate subs. I do not know wht value add he will provide later. The one who would have been better was driven out
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Come on guys, our U19 team was shit even in saff. Adding some under age little more talented guys won't make it good, more importantly co ordination wise.
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    U-19 team was shit.The whole U-17 squad should have played.
    mohammed_87hassankarenesudhakar2050deepu7negigoalkeepar
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    So now we have to pump in atleast half a dozen goals against Yemen to have any realistic chance of being the second best. 
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,I realise the fact the whole community including me is disturbed by the scoreline but to be honest the result was expected.

In civilised Footballing Country's (Infrastructure wise)There is a huge gap between U-16,U-19 and U-23 Level.Eg)In any Country U-16 teams Team don't beat U-19 teams and u-19 teams don't beat U-23 team and so on.

Ideally,only a player or two who is Exceptional,manages to makes the cut to the upper level team from lower age group.Eg)A player is good enough to play in the U-19 level despite being U-17 level.

We highlighted Dheeraj and Anwar and possibly Naorem as the players who caught our eye in the U-17 World Cup which means other players who were not able to gain attention at the U-17 level,How can we can expect them to make a mark at the U-19 level.

As half of the U-17 squad made the cut,so this basically proves that our U-19 Team was shite,pathetic and their performance at the Saff cup was a clear indication of this.

Saudi U-17 team will not beat Saudi U-19 team.We are/would have been competitive against Saudi U-17 Team.So,their is no point expecting our Team to beat Saudi U-19 team.

munna219777SOCCER4klNaujawansparta
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Crap all important players of this Saudi Arabia team are from the same batch which played AFC U-16 Championship 2016 in India. FERAS ALBRIKAN who scored hattrick yesterday scored 2 goals from the bench against India.

I was in Goa/Mumbai last week and had many conversations regarding World cup and I told every person same thing that we always do well at U16/U17 level, we started struggling when the transformation from U-16===> U-19 happens. 

Because our players do not grow after U16 level because of many reasons. While talking about this transformation,accidently I meet Uttam Rai during my short stay in Goa who signed for CB and struggling with his hamstring injury. 

So the theory of adding underage does not make sense because this is the next level for them as most of these kids are not eligible for 2021 U-20 world cup.  

karenesudhakar2050munna219777FahuBadmohammed_87hassanSOCCER4kl
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Also,I felt Anwar was injured and Shouldn't have been played but coming from Coach's perspective he would have felt that even a half fit Anwar will be better than fully fit U-19 players.

Our Team is an assembled team.It took us 2 weeks to make this team.On the other hand, Saudi Team would have been playing since long,on top of that Playing in their Home conditions and with a biased referee and a clueless Indian Coach.

I feel really bad for our boys specially our U-17 Boys.I still believe that if our U-17 team players will be eligible to play in U-19 Tournament next time 2019,we will easily qualify for Afc U-19 Asia cup Final Tournament and possibly qualify to the knockout rounds because our Competition is against other nations U-17 team and not their U-19 teams and I feel our U-17 team comes in Top 8 U-17 teams in Asia.

Also,I still feel that specially Dheeraj and Anwar real talents and they will make the country proud one day so we should preserve and support our talent and Shouldn't critique them after just one  bad performance that too at a superior level.Even the best of Goalkeepers  and best of Defenders  have bad games and for God sake these two are just 17 years of age.So,in this challenging time,I feel we should support our boys atleast till the Tournament is going on and mark my words,it's a reality:-

"If we manage to qualify for the main Tournament,then it will be because of U-17 team and if we don't qualify for the main Tournament,then it will because of our bad U-19 Team players."

7negiRonny
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Most of these players will not eligible for next tournament as cut off date will be 1 Jan 2001.
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    dheeraj big age fraud how can you call a special talent he cannot  even hold the ball. nawaz is better keeper then dheeraj those who observed 5 nations tournament will agree with me