India vs Kyrgyzstan : The Biggest Test

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Eugeneson is a CM who likes to get into the box but doesn't neglect his defensive duties, but if you ask him to focus primarily on his defensive side as a CM should in a 2-man central midfield, you cannot utilize his best strengths, which are getting into the box and scoring or assisting.

In a 3-man central midfield, with Rowlin sitting deepest and with someone like Brandon alongside him, I think we will see his best for the NT. This is what BFC does and he scores and assists for fun for them. He might not be on top form now but he remains the best Indian CM now.

Why is there a need for "wingers" when Chhetri and Jeje are the forwards? Granted even though they are not tall, they are pretty good in the air, but they are better with their feet, so why not supplement that with attacking midfielders who play out wide like Jayesh, Lewis or depending on the scenario, Udanta or Vineeth? 

Something like this:

Gurpreet

Kotal           Jhingan        Anas      any decent LB

Rowlin
                 Eugeneson      Brandon

Udanta              Jeje                       Chhetri

Lewis, Chinglensana, Isaac, Vineeth, Rafique, Jayesh, Salam Ranjan, Jerry, Robin, Halder, Amrinder, Debjit as squad players.
    ArsenalFan700BrainFallINDIAkartik91[Deleted User]shakkeerKMshibierspartaEastBengalPridearunskumar148Carbon_14and 3 others.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    The delivery on set piece,  corner by Eugenson has been very poor lately. He cannot last 90 minutes either. We were leading today so other players were able to cover up for him in last 30 minutes. He would have been a massive liability if kyrgyz had scored first. Time to move on and find a better player then eugenson.
    BabertoDeb_BangaffertapegoalkeeparspartaEastBengalPrideCarbon_14reddevil87
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    No point in discussing whether Brandon jayesh and kean should start because under SC they will never start. IMO SC dont prefer creative wingers cuz too much of creativity in midfield can also be a problem, SC likes to play it safe and usually go for winger who can run like hell and pump ball into box and who can also defend that being said I am also of the opinion that Brandon kean and Jayesh do not posses these ability. If you have watched Kean in Delhi dynamos
    then you might have noticed that he rarely cross the ball and cut inside to shoot from the edge of the box.
    souravindiaAshkaul5ashindiareddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Chetri should not play in the wings as well. He has lost his pace and we do not use his dribbling and Passing ability and the option of running to the channels.

He doesn't cross too often to play as a RAM or a LAM and often cuts in making his play more one dimensional.

Best position is CAM and the peach of the thru pass he put Robin is and the way he supported Jeje to create a couple of chances is proof.
    Ashkaul5deepak dedhagoalkeeparreddevil87munna219777kartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    I agree with whatever @DX said except for the pace of Jackichand and Holi. Come on man they are the fastest Indian players along with Udanta, Jairu and Chestrpaul. These guys have got the raw attributes for being a good winger, but are poor at final third.  
    dev_pfcdeepak dedhakarenesudhakar2050arunskumar148reddevil87gaffertapemunna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    @ashindia, agreed. Holi has improved his game a lot on club level . he was DSK's joint top scorer this season.
    Jackichand is also good, but he can't last more than 60 minutes,
    munna219777
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    I thought Holy played exceptionally well while defending yesterday
    deepak dedhaarunskumar148munna219777kartik91
  • ArcadeRoarArcadeRoar 172 Points
    My word! I'm still daydreaming about that run from Chhetri. He got the ball from just outside our own half, dashed passed one, blasted past the next, brute forced his way past another, delivered the ball to Jeje's feet, and hit it with his first touch. 

I know this is a huge cliche... but that was Messi-esque...

Kneel before him...
    shibieratuljgDeb_Bandeepak dedhamunna219777kartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Jackichand is touching 26-27 officially, He did create one opportunity with the cross to Sunil but loses too often the ball, He may have pace but if you don't have the dribbling skills to get past your man and lose possession as often as he has, it will put pressure on your fragile defense.

Whole point of Narzary is exactly the fact he has been forced to play as a defensive winger supporting the fullback who does not overlap, This way there is limited threat from the wing that he plays on.

You take Vineeth and Udanta, They can dribble, Cut in and run the channels better. There is no one dimension in their plays and that's why they are better.

Jairu, Good option from bench at a later part of the match when defenses are tiring but really is a one trick pony, Put head down run the channels and put the cross Repeat.
    deepak dedhamunna219777archak
  • Why is Chhangte not being played by SC? he scored 2 wonderful goals against Nepal 2 years back i guess..now he is forgotten..where is he by the way??
    shibiermunna219777