India vs Kyrgyzstan : The Biggest Test

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Another Great Game Guys and Great Result....

This result means we are in a great position to qualify for Asia Cup 2019.

This was one of the best team performances i have seen from our team(Attitude,Grit,Fighting Spirit,Team Spirit wise.

Main Players for us w.r.t Match were:

Sunil(The Legend),Gurpreet and Both the Centre Backs(Sandesh and Anas).Only These players are proving their metal to play for the team.It is just because of these 4 players that we remain competitive .Udanta and Jeje also have been decent to some extent but these 4 guys have been the backbone .

I see Sunil and Gurpreet getting most of the praise but somehow Sandesh and Anas dont get the desired attention.

In last 7-8 Matches(which we have won),we have not conceded more than 1 goal in a match,infact kept 4-5 clean sheets which ultimately keeps us in the match and one moment of of brilliance(mainly from Sunil) is turning out to be worth three points.

One thing which i have seen in the team is that our Defence Structure specially(CB AND GK) has improved.
    We are more difficult to score against now.However,Pritam and Narayan are very bad.

Better Midfield and and Wide Players(Udanta is a talent though) means we are good enough to compete at middle-upper level(SYRIA,LEBANON ETC) at Asia level.
    deepak dedhaCarbon_14atuljgfootydipmunna219777ashindiasudheermylankalAshkaul5spartadeepuand 3 others.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Sandesh and Anas have been amazing in their defensive work but their poor distribution and lapse of concentration(especially Jhingan) can prove costly against above average Asian teams.
    munna219777Ashkaul5Nagendra
  • After Joe Paul and Mahesh Gawly now India get two good central diffenders
    munna219777Ashkaul5Carbon_14Nagendrateji
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Anas has always been an excellent defender and this was known since his days at Pune FC but shamelessly idiot Bob houghton kept him out of the team and never gave him a chance when he was young.
    munna219777Ashkaul5
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    British coaches stick to a squad. That's why we may never see likes of Brandon or Balwant in NT.
    Ashkaul5Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Sandesh is the leader of the Defence i.e he organises the Defensive line.Has good Speed,wins his headers(even against physically strong teams).Covers for Defensive Midfielder,Covers for Pritam and Narayan,leads the back line,Scores crucial goals.Moreover he is composed.Till the time he is standing i will it will be difficult for the attacker to score.I mean,what else does he needs to do.

Bro,ball distribution Shouldn't be his role.Its too much to ask from him, Considering he is already doing 6-7 jobs Consistently well.We need a ball playing Defensive midfielder for that role rather than a Centre Back.For a centre back,ball distribution ideally means passing to the midfielders be it central midfielder or wide Midfielder as quickly as possible.He does that job too.It is the fault of our Midfield that they aren't able to create chances out of it.We Shouldn't expect our Goal Keeper and Centre Backs to create Chances Specially from open play,if they do it then it is good but we shouldn't expect them to do so in my opinion.Midfied should be responsible for it.
    ashindiaatuljgmunna219777deepak dedhaCarbon_14Deb_Bankartik91Nagendra
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Anas was rejected during Savio nd Wim days than Bob
    He started impressing during his PFC days which was post Bob era
    Deb_BanArsenalFan700
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    How about bad sportsmanship from Kyrgyzstan , GSS kicked the ball out while a kyrgyz player fall down in Indian box. When the play resume instead of giving back the ball to India they tried to exchange the passes and even shoot at Indian post. 
    munna219777Domnic
  • shubham_northeasternshubham_northeastern Dimapur,Nagaland1245 Points
    Even Sunil was angry at that. Amateurs for a reason!