I-League 2017-18

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    It cannot get better than this. Arrows have beaten a CB team filled 4-5 top quality foreigners..needless to say this Arrows bunch is younger but far better than the previous Arrow's teams
    sanvedjadhav
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    any  videos of the arrows game?
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    Saw the East Bengal team today morning at Delhi airport. 
    Key observations:

1)  Some players were having fried chicken, pizza, etc. for breakfast. Hilarious scene. Can't believe that they are atheletes. Shouldn't their diets be significantly controlled? 

2) Khalid Jamil is a funny character. Some of his remarks to the players, "aee, udhar ja na" , "jaldi kar na bhai" , "seat bacha ka rakhna". Lol. I was laughing like a kid inside me. Hahaha. 

3) Some young players were oogling at hot delhi chicks and scantily clad air hostessess. 
    Deb_Banshibierdeepak dedhaCarbon_14sanvedjadhavBrainFallINDIAspartagoalkeepardeepumunna219777and 3 others.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Indian Arrows looks great but then the questions and analysis needs to happen. How did this India side, one that could barely even beat the US, Colombia, or Ghana (especially them) in the U17 World Cup and even struggled against club sides sometimes abroad now come to the I-League against professionals and do well? 
    Carbon_14coolgagan
  • Because our professional league is full of shit players.Most teams play primitive football.No body knows if any player is gonna stay beyond a season in a club.i reckon if these boys were 23-24 yr olds then they would have not much problem destroying this league for fun.these boys have been playing with each for a while now.they know each other well.you cant say the same for other teams.
    i hope we can get atleast 5-6 chettri level players out of these bunch.They dont have to be strikers but players of higher calibers in any position who are much better than half these average joes in our NT.lol.That would be a good return on the investments on these players.
    deepak dedhaRonnySOCCER4klsanvedjadhavBrainFallINDIAindian_gooner[Deleted User]kartik91
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited February 2018
    This referee Akash Jackson Routh from Jharkhand had committed blunders in the past also. He has offociated in 5 or 6 matches of I-League. Once he did not give any foul even after two foot challenge in the Box against Minerva player by Monday of Churchill Brothers. Some of his Yellow cards were bizarre also. Bad Referee should have been reprimanded earlier-then this incident would not have happened.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    final Score   Chennai City 0-0 Shillong Lajong
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/i-league-2017-18-aiff-impose-inr-3-lakhs-fine-on-aizawl-fc/u98v1s8yhykh1ec2kptbde1zx

“After considering and evaluating all the aspects and hearing the President of AFC (Robert Royte), who was present, the committee has come to the decision that Aizawl FC be treated as guilty for spectator violence for the match between Aizawl FC and Mohun Bagan, played at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium on 25 January 2018.

In view of the fact as could be verified and seen, the team manager of AFC Hmingthan Sanga found guilty of raising his fist addressed to the ref. As because there was lack of evidence against the reported utterings of foul languages by the coach and assistant coach of Aizawl FC, the committee is not in a comfortable zone to impose any punishment or hold them guilty.

Based on this, Aizawl FC have been imposed with a fine of INR 3 Lakhs. Taking into account its dimension, size and volume of finance which they have, the fine could have been much more. Considering the nature and functioning of Aizawl FC, the committee sympathetically reduced the fine. It has also been done because the President of Aizawl FC clearly and specifically admitted in a very candid way that there was a total wrong on the part of the spectators, they could not have reacted in a violent way and the referee's decision is always final and it should have been respected by everyone.

The fine comes with a specific direction, they will have to ensure complete safety and security at Rajiv Gandhi Stadium for next matches, including ensuring closed enclosures of the spectators, appropriate police arrangements to the satisfaction of the AIFF at least 48 hours prior to the next match (23 Feb). They will have to give an undertaking in writing to the AIFF stating that they will be retorted responsible for the safety, security and peace at the stadium. If there be any default, the AIFF has been instructed to hold the next or any other subsequent match behind closed doors. Team manager has been imposed with four-match suspension with immediate effect including stadium ban. The fine has to be submitted before the next match.”

On asked if Aizawl FC would appeal against AIFF's decision, club president Robert Royte replied, “Maybe, there are a lot of people associated with the club so I need to consult them first before appealing.”

munna219777