I-League 2017-18

1213214215216217219»

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    EB fails in many other things these days by the way  :D 
    indian_gooneranupkumar_rsmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29626 Points
    But unfailingly know how to acquire cut money ;)
    indian_goonermunna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Hero I-League 2017-18 champions Minerva Punjab FC were presented with the Hero I-League trophy at a glittering function held at a snazzy hotel in Chandigarh today (March 22, 2018).

Best Goalkeeper: Shilton Paul (Mohun Bagan)

Jarnail Singh Award for Best Defender: Varney K Kallon (NEROCA FC)

Best Midfielder: Soosairaj Michael (Chennai City FC)

Best Forward: Chencho Gyeltshen (Minerva Punjab FC)

Highest Scorer: Dipanda Dicka (Mohun Bagan)

Best Emerging Player (U-22): Samuel Lalmuanpuia (Shillong Lajong FC)

Syed Abdul Rahim Award for Best Coach: Gift Raikhan (NEROCA FC)

Best Match Organiser: NEROCA FC

Fairplay Award: NEROCA FC
    deepak dedhamunna219777ashindiaCarbon_14

FIFA President Mr. Gianni Infantino has congratulated Minerva Punjab FC, the recently crowned Hero I-League 2017-18 champions.

In a letter to Mr. Praful Patel, President, All India Football Federation, Mr. Infantino mentioned: “It gives me great pleasure to send my warmest congratulations to Minerva Punjab FC for their first ever title, becoming the first team from North India to win the crown jewel of Indian Football after 21 years.”

The letter further stated: “This title is the result of the determination of everyone involved and my congratulations go to the players, the coach, the administration, the entire technical and medical staff as well as the fans for this great achievement.”

“On behalf of the entire football community, I would like to thank Minerva Punjab FC and your federation for helping to spread the positive message of football.”

https://the-aiff.com/news-center-details.htm?id=8819

sanvedjadhavindian_goonermunna219777ashindiaCarbon_14
    edited March 2018
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chennai-city-fc-sinivasan-pandiyan-isl-indian-football/pvvu487rprc716cqj1ly7pkel

Chennai City FC's midfield dynamo Sinivasan Pandiyan looking to make it big in Indian football

The confident youngster speaks about his season and future aspirations including wearing the national team colours...
    ashindiaCarbon_14
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    Churchill should fire Alfred Fernandez and hire a young manager like Francisco Bruto da Costa.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29246 Points
    They will never fire him, he is a club loyalist who has been at the club for many years, he will simply move down to assistant coach, actual coach is Joseph Afusi.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Churchill was a good team. they were late in hiring foreigners and paid the price.
    Carbon_14Deb_Ban
    http://www.goal.com/en-in/news/i-league-seven-minerva-punjab-players-match-fixing/ujrfgrof5c3h18vkm3jy4nq2p

Goal can confirm that seven Minerva Punjab players were contacted by bookies on two different occasions. 

Souvik Das and William Opoku Asiedu were the first two players who were contacted by the concerned parties. 

“Two of my players came to me with screenshots of match-fixing offers of Rs. 30 lakhs. I reported it to AIFF integrity officer & also Asian Football Confederation (AFC), through their integrity app. I really hope these unscrupulous elements are not successful in getting through to other players and match officials,” tweeted Bajaj in early January.

In the second incident, five more players were contacted in order to influence the result of an I-League match. 

The players who were contacted are Abhishek Ambekar, Sukhdev Singh, Kassim Aidara, Rakshit Dagar and Chencho Gyeltshen. 

Minerva
    Deb_Ban