I-League 2017-18

Comments

• GameGame india448 Points
    Bad decision.Should have put some restrictions like only 2 foreigners,max 5 23+ on field etc.

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    2nd division has been killed. it has been now converted to a youth league with only 3 players above u23 are allowed. on where on earth you will find a 2nd division like this. foreigners are banned to prevent trashing of ISL B teams.
    Ashkaul5ashindiamunna219777BrainFallINDIAshubham_northeasternsudheermylankal
  • Ashkaul5Ashkaul5 Jammu849 Points
    I think it's only for this season 
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2835 Points
    I think this is a well thought out decision by AIFF because deep down they know that with increase of foreigners in I league young players wont get that much exposure. Also since i league is in fact is on a path to become 3rd division and no one would even bother about looking at their results let alone the matches therefore its best to cut off foreigners from the league.

This would result in two things: 
    1) Youngster will have a chance to prove themselves in a proper league where they wont be out muscled by Nigerian players. This will build their confidence.
    2) Top Indian clubs could field their reserves sides and check the development of their players which ofcourse wont be possible in a league dominated by foreign players.
    Ashkaul5gaffertape
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29706 Points
    a 3 month 1 venue 2 pm KO league is a proper league?
    Ashkaul5Carbon_14ashindiamunna219777Deb_Bandeepakc
    If proper league is just 4 month long then no surprises that a 3rd division league is 3 month KO  ;)
    I would say have a 16 team Isl and league 1 from next season
    MB and EB in ISL + 4 teams from IL if they have money to compete otherwise float in new teams .

For league 2 have reserve squads from all clubs .
    32 team 2 conference 
    All India squads .

Games for Isl and L1 on Fri , Sat and Sun .
    L2 games on Wed and Thurs .
    deepak dedha
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    edited September 2017
    Why do people think that having no foreigners is a bad thing ? Good decision IMO.

shubham_northeasternAshkaul5gaffertapearunskumar148deepak dedhakartik91
  • Decision to have I-League 2 foreigners free is a good decision but we all know how it will be organised hy AIFF. Matches every 2nd day with afternoon kick offs at a single venue. I expect Kolkata to be the venue as they can use Barasaat and kalyani fot holding matches.
    Ashkaul5ashindiagoalkeeparCarbon_14
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Plus it will start and finish in a flash. And not have promotion. Will not have much benefit, except ticking the box of staging lower divisions for AIFF.