Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    Ara FC home ground Adani Shantigram Ground 
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Behind this 3D visualization, it's just a green patch within residential blocks.
    goalkeeparsamashindiamunna219777AshishKaul
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Question regarding stadium capacity.

What is the maximum seating capacity now in India in big cricket stadiums like Eden Gardens, Wankhede or newly built ones ?
    What is the maximum stadium attendance seen in India for T20, One Day Test Match ??

What was the maximum attendance seen by ISL  & I-league this season.

Trying to make a comparison between Cricket and Football attendance records !!!
    Carbon_14
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    The derby had 64k+, that's gotta be the highest attendance for football atleast. Don't think any cricket match has beaten that in 2018 in India.
    munna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    64867 to be exact I think 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Yeah. For Eden Gardens Calcutta, 80 thousand used to be normal in Cricket. But ever since renovating it for 2011 World Cup, the maximum capacity is I think 66 000 and I have not seen them getting 65000 people attendance in recent years.
    JLN kochi has beaten 65000 mark in the past in both Football (NFL FC Kochi, Nehru Cup) and Cricket but they are also down now.

New massive cricket stadiums like Guwahati, Lucknow, Raipur, Ranchi as well as established ones are all less then this figure.

So Kolkata Derby has to be the biggest sporting event Attendance wise in 2018 unless I am missing something !!!!
    DEFENCE123Carbon_14
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    ;munna219777 
    true ... we used to see massive crowds in Eden Gardens (more than 80k)... also I read in some newspaper... around 95k spectators used to come to stadium....  same with JLN, Kochi... fully packed stadium for Indian matches (more than 80k)... 

be it football or cricket , no one can beat Bengal or Kerala crowd...

Raipur cricket stadium (Veer Narayan Singh) has capacity of 65k... Currently Rajiv Gandhi (Hyd)  Stadium has capacity around 45k and plan is to extend to 60k...

Even famous cricket stadiums like Chepauk, Feroz Kotla, Chinnaswamy & Wankhede has 50k or less than 50k capacity...

There are grounds which holds more than 50k.. but they are either renovated with less capacity or converted to multi-purpose events. Few are not active or not available for NT as they are not international standards..
    munna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    An excellent article on the construction of the Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, Fatorda 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/goa/miracle-baby/articleshow/67630942.cms

Miracle baby 

Thirty years ago, on January 19, when the Pandit Jawaharlal  Nehru stadium was built at Fatorda in eight months, there were many who doubted the efficacy of it. Today, the stadium has not only stood the test of time but also proved the critics wrong 
    AshishKaulsparta[Deleted User]goalkeeparmunna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    edited January 2019
    I think JLN Fatorda was demolished and rebuild for Lusofonia games, wasn't it?
    goalkeepar
  • indianFootballFanindianFootballFan India4496 Points
    No, only renovations were done. Stands were improved and seats were installed and the roof was replaced.
    goalkeeparmunna219777