Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    edited April 2019

Real Kashmir to have floodlights ready in Srinagar by mid-April

I-League outfit Real Kashmir, who finished an impressive third in its debut season, will have floodlights ready at its picturesque TRC Ground in Srinagar by mid-April, reliable sources said.

As an inaugural fixture, the Snow Leopards, as Real Kashmir are fondly known, will take on soccer giants Mohun Bagan after April 13, depending on how far they progress in the ongoing Super Cup.

“The government has helped immensely in getting the 1,500 lux floodlights ready. Now they will be able to host matches under lights,” an official close to the development told IANS.

............................................................................................................................................................................................

When AIFF officials last year went to inspect the stadium ahead of Real Kashmir’s debut, they were told that there were plans to install floodlights in the near future and that the government has allocated Rs 3.5 crore for the purpose.

Since becoming the first football club from Jammu and Kashmir to qualify for the country’s top tier I-League after they won the second division league by beating Hindustan FC 3-2, Real Kashmir have pulled off many upsets in this season’s I-League by finishing third with 36 points from 19 matches.

munna219777
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Delhi university stadium .most probably home ground of delhi franchisee next year.
     Check out @vivekmohan81’s Tweet:
    munna219777BrainFallINDIAkartik91indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Top 2 pics are from 2010 Rugby sevens during commonwealth games.
    Those temporary stands and facilities were removed after commonwealth games.
    Only main stand remains now.
    haritrams24
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7111 Points
    edited April 2019
    It's not a big deal . They can put it back once  they have reached an agreement with DU.
    munna219777haritrams24
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Main stands will suffice for 2500 people who will come to watch with free tickets.
    haritrams24DEFENCE123deepak dedhaatuljg[Deleted User]goalkeeparshubham_northeasternkartik91
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    This stadium is much closer to my home, guess i'll be going there on weekend match days.
    haritrams24munna219777shubham_northeasternkartik91
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    This is indeed a good choice of stadium for Delhi Dynamos. The operating expenses will be lower. Thus, profitability would increase or losses would decrease for similar revenue figures. 
    Though, I'm a bit skeptical about the location. It's nowhere near as central as JLN's location. This concerns me as JLN despite its location found it hard to attract fans. The average according to wiki last season was around 7k. Will this location even fill up the 2.5k stand assuming that DDFC will not place temporary stands like the ones at Cooperage? 
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    @coolgagan ; They will put temporary stand of 7.5k capacity. Total capacity will be 10k and the stadium will always be full as many college kids and DU students will watch and there is a very near metro station to the stadium
    Carbon_14goalkeeparcoolgagan
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    DU kids couldn't give two hoots about football! 
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    DU kids are only interested in the best. If that means supporting the European clubs while ignoring the local ones, then be it .
    EastBengalPride