India U17 vs Ghana U17 Match Thread

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Aniket Jadhav should Railways are scouting, so he can get a job. He will sure as hell not get a club :D
    gaffertapeRonnymunna219777goalkeepararchak
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    First 20-30 minutes our performance was amazing but second half we lost it completely 

Sanjeev and Boris were disappointing defensively 

Our best players 
    Anwar,Dheeraj and Nongdomba 

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Boris played well initially but ran out of steam afterwards. In the last match we were matching the Columbians but this match was really awful in terms of atack.
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    Partially agreed with @mohammed_87hassan cuz I feel Boris did well today and Nongdomba didn't made any noticable impact.

Also Ghana looked to be the best out of all the group A teams. I will place Ghana above USA. We never pose a threat to their defense. 

• Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    They are supremely fit and that makes the difference that set.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Lalengmawia,caused both the 3rd and 4th goal.He was a the major reason behind India letting in 3rd and 4th goal that too he conceded 2 goals in 2 min after coming on.What a Substitute.2-0 would have been a respectable scoreline.

However,you can"t blame the players,we are really good technically,have decent speed but lack a good quality striker.Got bullied in probably every match.Its not our fault.At this stage,Size does matters.Iran beating Germany is a prime example of that.Another example can be ,Nigeria is the most Successful nation at u-17 level.

Ghananian u-17 boys would bully most of fully grown Indian Men.So,you can"t really blame our boys.

In My Opinion,Our Boys have made us proud.Suddenly,You will bring any Asian team and lets see what happens.Also,despite their loss,you want to see more of their matches.This is the buzz which they have created.

They have told the World THAT WE INDIANS WON"T BE PUSHOVERS WHEN IT COMES FOOTBALL ANYMORE.

gaffertapemohammed_87hassanashindiaDeb_BanSOCCER4klarchak
  • Lastv2 goals were because we accepted defeat and also a sense of going out of the tournament. In extra time talk remedy said India cannot play in this pace entire match and needs to slow down. It was an excellent observation. We should have slowed down the game
    deepak dedhamunna219777
  • Rav92Rav92 Kolkata1660 Points
    You can't slow down the game unless you have the ball. Ghana is to fit and to fast too handle. 2-0 was a respectable score but concede 2 goals for defensive lapses really hurts.
  • FahuFahu 207 Points
    If we analyse our games with the two coaches it is clear that Nicolai had more passing and speedy team
    Luis shown his tactical ability against colombia but he failed against Ghana,every one knows that they are very speedy it is not advisable to go a very speedy game against them, but passing is very poor in this team now remember how we did against Iran.

Now the main question is what is the future?
    If it is the beginning then it is ok, but we are only focusing to give better training to this current team ,what about the coming batch do we give them proper exposure or we are creating any u8,u10 team for future u17 wold cup that need to be answered
    munna219777Deb_Banarchaksouravindia
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    We lacked a good quality striker and couple of Physical Midfielders capable of holding the ball at this level.

3 players who have caught my attention as i had said in the previous match also are Anwar ,Dheeraj and Naorem. Dheeraj  and Anwar could have probably started for many of the teams. Naorem could have come on for many teams too. Dheeraj and Anwar both had India been able to progress further,could have made the Team of the Tournament . Dheeraj and Anwar(I haven"t seen a Keeper and a Defender,both under so much pressure and yet perform so well with so consistently at such a young age.They Both looked at ease with what they were doing.No panic,nothing.So,much so that for 8 goals India conceded, both of them couldn"t be faulted for even one of the goals which we conceeded.Such was their Brilliance.

Aniket
    was destroyed as a single striker.He,in my opinion is best as a substitute and that too at either left side or right side.Probably because we didn"t have a Striker in the squad and the coach knew it.

Also,Boris
    was decent  but his lack of physicality led to him getting bullied slightly.Had he been slightly more Physical,he also would have caught more attention.

I don"t know why Namit wasn"t played instead of Jitendra . Namit was decent in the previous match. 

Sanjeev
    was inconsitent.He was really roughed up today by their Right Midfielder.

Amarjit
    can win the ball but what i have observed is that his first instinctive pass is back to his centre backs.There were numerous occasions throughout the tournament when he could have passed to left back or right back or forwards easily but he passed it backwards.This is a sign that he is nervous.If he can get rid of this issue and distribute forwards and that too quickly then he can become a decent Central Defensive Midfielder as he can win the ball back,covers for left back,right back and Sticks in a leg i.e isn"t afraid to get hurt(plays what we call the ugly game).

Jeakson was also decent but somehow i felt that for the Physicality he has he should have been more involved in our Play and in not even a single occasion his physical side was at show,Specially Today.Still a decent prospect.Needs to be Worked upon.

Suresh,
    I feel has the best passing range among our midfielders.However,Physicality is a big issue.

Komal,difficult to say about him based on this tournament.

Rest of the players were much better than our base players in general but no one obvious caught the eye.

I really Hope that these boys stay together till the U-19 level.Add them 5-6 high quality players and come U-19 and u-20 Tournaments we will be much stronger team and will be able to compete with Asian Elite at u-19 and u-20 level in my opinion.Getting to Host the U-20 World Cup would be amazing as that would be the true test of our boys because at U-20 Level Size matters but Skill also Matters unlike in U-17 Level where Size matters(95%).

dreamerSunbha123karenesudhakar2050sanvedjadhavDeb_BanRonnysouravindiakartik91sparta