India in Asian Games 2018

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited August 2018
    I will have to agree with both. Competition is good but it is really sad that it's coming from athletes who are paid to represent a nation. While FIFA has done a good job in nationality switch otherwise UAE & Qatar team would be filled with Africans and South Americans. Other sports bodies should take a leaf out of it.

On other had I am really proud that we lost 7 gold medals to paid Africans and we probably would have been toppers. Lets hope we keep improving and someday dominate even with paid Africans participating. 
    goalkeeparshibiermunna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Why do we organize asian level tournaments when there is world level tournament for everything? This continental level tournaments were started keeping something in mind. Isn't it? People representing their nations also has some significance. Not just buying athletes with money. Any immigrant or their children or grandchildren settling in any other country for other reasons and representing that nation. I don't have any problem with that. That one is not simply buying.
    archakBadashindiamunna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited August 2018
    That's not a poor justification,it's a practical justification.Maybe you are not aware about the importance/significance of the Regional Games.

Today Qatar and Bahrain are doing it ,tomorrow whole of the Gulf countries will import Africans to run for them.Then,what is the need of having the Asian Games.It will turn out to be African Games.

No one complains when they get beaten by Asians in Asian Games.But these cheap tricks are not welcomed.

Team Africa is winning medals in Asian Games.How bizarre is this and how difficult is this is to understand for some of you guys is beyond my imagination.
    rathorevarun4 ashindiagoalkeeparNagendrasparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Also,one more thing which I wanted to share.The qualification for 2020 Olympics is starting from today through Hockey Asian Games (Women) potentially and Shooting.

I request to start a new thread like"Road to Tokyo 2020 Olympics". 
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Boxer Vikas Krishnan withdraws before his semifinal following an injury to the his eye.The cut above his eye was very clear/deep and it looked difficult for him to recover from it.That was quite a deep cut so no surprise here.

He settles for a well deserved Bronze.

Now only boxer remaining is Amit.Lets see what he can do in his semifinal.

munna219777Carbon_14
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    This is more  like Afro Asian games, Qatar and Bahrain is not doing good to the virtue of sports by importing athletes from poor countries.
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Guys,once again brilliant news coming in!!!

We have won 2 medals(1 silver and 1 bronze in Sailing).It's heartening to see our Athletes doing well in lesser fancied sports.

Great Job(These games for us have most pobabpro been the games of the lesser known sports and Athletes).

Great job.

munna219777Carbon_14sparta
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Wait a minute,Maybe we have won 3 medals.Still not confirmed.

But still good news anyway..