India in Asian Games 2018

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    +a few medals might be earned in bridge also
    munna219777
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    edited September 2018
    Amit Panghal beats Olympic Gold Medalist and World Championship Silver Medalist Hasanboy Dusmatov to win the Gold Medal.

Brilliant Boxing by Amit.Brilliant Bout by Amit.Made a world class boxer like Dusmatov lookl second best throughout the match.

I always knew that he is a brilliant boxer but with  this win,he certainly enters my list of Prime Medal Contenders.

I repeat guys:-

In Men's Boxing, I feel Amit and Vikas are two World Class Boxers we have.

Naman Tanwar and Manish Kaushik are good prospects.I am not sure about the likes of Hussamudin, Dheeraj,Shiva ,Manoj,Gaurav Solanki etc.

I like Gaurav Bidhuri as well but somehow he doesn't make the team.

thebeautifulgameCarbon_14munna219777spartakartik91archak
  • dreamerdreamer india579 Points
    2 back to back gold......
    15 G...more to come....
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    India wins another Gold(It's 15) in Bridge(Men's pair event).

Great job!!!!
    dreamerCarbon_14
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    Amit Panghal clinches Gold in Men's 49 kg Boxing by defeating 2016 Olympic Gold medalist Hasanboy Dusmatov of Uzbekistan

India's Pranab Bardhan and Shibhnath Sarkar win gold in Bridge Men's Pair event.

This is India's best-ever performance at the Asiad--a total of 67 medals, including 15 golds.

dreamermunna219777
  • samsam 16428 Points
    edited September 2018
    Kabaddi 2 Hockey 2 Archery 1 Hima 1 
    We could have got 21 golds and then you have all those Africans who forced India to silver
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    If you are putting African element into the mix than we could have been around 25 Gold Medals.

Dutee 100m,200m(women)
    400m men and women
    400m hurdles men
    mixed relay and 4*400 men's relay
    1500m women event P.U Chitra got Bronze, bettered only by Bahrainian Africans.
    300m Steeplechase Women

In all these events, Indians got beaten by Africans running for Qatar and Bahrain.This makes it 9 Gold Medals.
    Carbon_14
  • BadBad 5141 Points
    Much fancied Kabaddi and Hockey team suffer the same fate.Silver for Women and Bronze for men.What an irony.

Today,again we were bad in my opinion.

I don't want to dwell too much because it is not related to Hickey specifically and is a Multi sport event but we need to improve drastically to challenge stronger teams.

We were below par in both the Knock out matches.Vivek Sagar is a bull shit player.
    munna219777
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    gaurav bidhuri  has injured  so he didn't  participate  trails in asain games
  • Japan is Asian Games Champion in Hockey (both Men's and Women's)