2018 Intercontinental Cup

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    I just don't understand how can a person awarded ' midfielder of the season ' by your national league can't fulfill all those creterias?
    goalkeepartrojankartik91
  • samsam 16428 Points
    With Sunil we would have actually at least drawn with Kyrgyzstan
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Look at the case of Jonjo Shelvey (Newcastle United). He is regarded as one of the best Midfield players, best passer of the ball but he was not selected for England NT World Cup.
    Some people say he has got Discipline issues.
    Some say poor commitment as he once refused to come for U-21 Camp.
    Some say that he has tendency to play very deep which is great for a weak team likeNewcastle United but not in Southgate style of England NT.

Maybe the players overlooked by Constantine have similar issues.
    goalkeepardeepak dedhaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Munna am not sure why you are defending Consti. We don’t have a good result against a single decent team
    deepugoalkeeparmunna219777atuljg
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    If this tournament and next few friendlies against proper team goes well then i dont see any point in removing consti before Asian Cup. Also if you guys have watched closely then you would have noticed that our players were looking physically fit ( i mean waist size and all ). Specially P.Haldar ...........Was he always this fit or he has lost extra belly fat recently ???
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited June 2018
    Friendlies against good teams need to be planned in advance. AIFF always plan at the last moment and then we get Nepal, Bhutan. Good teams would have already decided their opponents for next FIFA dates.

It is  AIFF fault, not only Constantine, that we are not tested against tough opponents.
    Carbon_14deepak dedha
  • season just got over they are expected to be fit unlike last years continental cup or match against myanmar which was start of season and players had long long break prior 

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    No one said that consta's fault is that we don't play friendlies against good opponents 
    We criticize him for selecting shitty players And undeserving ones over the deserving ones
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    One thing from coach's point of view is that you cant have a team filled with flair players. Chhangte Brandon and few other deserving players falls in that category. Sometimes its the less attractive players that does the job well and fits well in a system for instance take the example of Jeje, he's not the most attractive player but indeed an effective one.
    Also I'm not justifing SC selection, it's just that until he's getting the results we cant blame him.
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    FT:

Kenya 2:1 New Zealand 

• Cliffton Miheso (45'+1') (Kenya)
    • Ovella Ochieng (68') (Kenya)
    • Sarpreet Singh (42') (New Zealand)
    thebeautifulgamedeepak dedhamunna219777Nagendra