2018 Intercontinental Cup

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    edited June 2018
    @munna219777: You say that each coach has his own style of judging players and the players that he has chosen to ignore perhaps do not fit in his scheme of things...as long as he is getting decent results, he might not change his squad

I would say that he could at least have given some of these players--proven performers in the I-League or ISL or both at least a chance to play in one or two matches. They could also have been used as subs in some matches. Then we could at least have seen whether they failed to cope with his style of play or gell with the team or whether their performance added something extra to the team. Yes, he did get some decent results but as people have said, we played poorly against teams like Turkmenistan or Kyrgyzstan...maybe we could have put up a better performance if some of these players had been given a chance to prove their mettle...the performance of Anirudh Thapa the other day is a case in point...it is Constantine's policy of sticking with a particular set of players, many of whom have repeatedly failed to deliver that is particularly worrying
    ashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777indian_goonerreddevil87
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Cavin Lobo and Adil Khan should be in the squad instead of Borges and Rafique. How can we not have a single CAM? As long as SC is there, Brandon will never play for India.
    thebeautifulgamegoalkeeparsouravindiaindian_gooner
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    It’s good opportunity for Indian clubs to talk & sign Kenyan / New Zealand second stringe players

They will be  better than “random day” players
    dreamerspartareddevil87
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Layout of this Andheri Stadium. This stadium is like a Horse-shoe design. The area under General Stand 1 is blocked off - no proper construction. Best possible view is from VIP and Media stand where common fans do not come and it is barely 10% occupied. Even General Stand 4 is not for sale. I saw diehard fans Blue Pilgrims in General Stand 10 and remaining fans in worst possible view in stands from 5,6,7,8.

Probably the only stadium in the world to block all proper view seats for VIP and Media.

Before blaming Cricket or Mumbai fans, such design or arrangement is a farce in itself.

Nagendraatuljgindian_gooner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] 4984 Points
    edited June 2018
    @munna219777 ; its other way , BP were sitting in GS4 (same stand MCFC fans occupy during ISL) 
    infact 4to8 is not 5 different stands its one common section of stairs

rest you are correct
    VIP + Premium+GS1 should be made available to public those are the seats with orange color (they do it in ISL but its not cheap)

but in all round stadiums across world  designs are like that only, best view seats are given to VIP and all otherwise they are costly 

WBB are lucky they get entire second tier in that low price

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    India captain Sunil Chhetri in plea to fans after only 2,569 watch cup game https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44346078
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    That video has become very viral as cricketers like Kohli & raina shares it...

eveb you tube chanels like aib, tvf are also sharing that video... may be at this moment that video is trending #1 on many social media websites 
    munna219777RonnyNagendrasouravindiaindian_gooner
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Stupid Michael Chopra responded to the video saying why are you begging fans to come to the stadium
    indian_goonermunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/football/top-stories/never-knew-my-video-will-have-so-much-impact-admits-chhetri/articleshow/64439018.cms

Never knew my video will have so much impact, admits Chhetri

India football captain Sunil Chhetri on Sunday admitted that he never thought his emotional video on social media seeking support for the national team would create so much impact and has thanked star cricketer Virat Kohli for his backing.

Chhetri, who is set to play his 100th match in national jersey against Kenya in the Intercontinental Cup in Mumbai on Monday, has requested the Indian sports fans through a video uploaded on his Twitter handle to come and watch the team play.

It (the video) wasn't for the special occasion. My phone is hanged. I never knew it is going to have that kind of impact. I thank everyone who has joined in. It is a simple message," Chhetri said.

"We played the game and was great to go and celebrate with the Blue Pilgrims and a few Mumbai fans but then I was talking to Sandesh (Jhingan) about how Kerala has done well, Chennai does well, BFC is going well. The top most is Kerala Blasters, where a player can't hear each other and the atmosphere takes everything from you."

India played their opener of the Intercontinental Cup against Chinese Taipei in a relatively empty stadium and Chhetri urged the football fans to throng the ground and support them in their remaining matches of the tournament.

"You want to live the 90 minutes, this is what we want to feel. This is something we couldn't feel here. Not request to watch Sunil Chhetri, but we are wearing the Blue and it will be great (if people support us)," he said.

"That's why I just went on Twitter. I never thought it's going to follow hits. I got some 1000 messages on Whatsapp. I hope everyone takes in right way because it was from my heart, there was no hidden agenda. I thank everyone who joined in, it really helps, Virat (Kohli) and all joined it, it was a sweet gesture," Chhetri added. 
      Further commenting on the video, he said it was a one-take one and was unplanned.

"I didn't think twice (before shooting the video). It wasn't planned. It is something that I felt that I am going to make it, I did not talk to my team, just posted it. So whatever reaction I am getting, most of them are positive. If you are saying, somebody thinks that I was pleading, I don't feel ashamed," he said.

Asked about the schedule of India's games in the tournament which are mostly on week days, Chhetri said he would raise the issue with the authorities concerned.

"Very valid point. I hope next time we can do a little bit better. 8PM time is great as it helps. If it is Saturday or Sunday it helps more. Whenever I talk to them, I will put it forward," he signed off.
      indian_gooner